Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904489 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3016 on: April 20, 2017, 01:08:16 pm »
so what is funny exactly? he's headed to a second term... he's going to beat sanders..

evilizac

« Reply #3017 on: April 20, 2017, 01:38:58 pm »
Is Bernie really our only candidate?
I liked and like Bernie well enough, but we need someone with more than rhetoric and with ideas that can, if not reach across the aisle than at least fire up and unite the party. Also, not to be ageist but how old is too old?
   I've been telling people semi-facetiously that I think we need a youngish strong Latino candidate to draw out a solid block vote. Alternately I did like Cory Booker right after his DNC speech, but he kind of tainted himself up there with the prescription drug vote.

Also, is no one going to bring up little trump's affinity for football proper vs. American football?
https://www.yahoo.com/style/barron-trump-plays-soccer-puma-212859370.html
WHAT?

Relaxer

« Reply #3018 on: April 20, 2017, 02:12:45 pm »
This whole Jason Chaffetz thing is so weird. First news was that he won't run for re-election. Now some people are whispering/speculating that he will resign as early as tomorrow. But that's just speculation.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:15:37 pm by Relaxer »
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3019 on: April 20, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »
This whole Jason Chaffetz thing is so weird. First news was that he won't run for re-election. Now some people are whispering/speculating that he will resign as early as tomorrow. But that's just speculation.
Have you seen that a PAC that supposedly represents him has bought up a lot of Chaffetz 2028-related domains? Dude is planning a Presidential run 11 years out?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3020 on: April 20, 2017, 02:51:03 pm »
Have you seen that a PAC that supposedly represents him has bought up a lot of Chaffetz 2028-related domains? Dude is planning a Presidential run 11 years out?

I guess he figures he'll be out of jail at about that time.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3021 on: April 20, 2017, 03:07:02 pm »
Maybe he figures Trump will lose next election and the Democratic president will have two terms.

Relaxer

« Reply #3022 on: April 20, 2017, 03:15:41 pm »
If he genuinely leaves office in the next couple of days, he's hiding something. I just don't see him leaving his seat -- especially with Obamacare repeal back on the agenda -- and being branded a 'quitter' unless there's something being held over his head. Look at how much criticism Palin got when she quit the governorship after her 2008 run. Something's up.
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3023 on: April 20, 2017, 03:24:52 pm »
So 11 years is the statue of limitations for...something?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3024 on: April 20, 2017, 03:35:39 pm »
I think the question we're all afraid to ask is: is Chaffetz transitioning to walrus? I'm hearing there is a growing number of powerful men in DC who are transitioning to walrus right now.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3025 on: April 20, 2017, 03:39:49 pm »
goo goo goo joob

Space Freely

« Reply #3026 on: April 20, 2017, 03:46:47 pm »

hutch

« Reply #3027 on: April 20, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »
Alternately I did like Cory Booker right after his DNC speech, but he kind of tainted himself up there with the prescription drug vote.

I thought Booker was the guy but due to his vote I don't know about him anymore...

I think Sanders is too old but he's going to run.. he doesn't think he's too old and that is all that counts..... the real question is whether Biden will run.. if he were to run it would be a real heavyweight rematch between the progressive wing and the more establishment wing of the democratic party.....  of course both of them would be close to 80!!!

I just can't see anybody muscling in on Biden and Sanders if that were to be the scenario...  if things broke exactly perfectly Hillary could make another run but I don't see it... Al Franken is probably my own favorite but I don't see it at this point....

Even if Biden ran Sanders has to be considered the strong favorite... there are millions of people who believe he is Jesus or something...

I am extremely traumatized by the whole recent democratic primaries...and can't talk about it without getting very angry.

« Reply #3028 on: April 20, 2017, 06:29:15 pm »
Is Bernie really our only candidate?
Gavin Newsom or Elizabeth Warren (who I bumped into at DCA last week....no security detail)

I did like Cory Booker
I like him a lot too...just not sure on the national stage
but he is one smooth talker and I love his policies

Al Franken is probably my own favorite but I don't see it at this point....
I love this guy and sharp as tack ...made out of titanium
The right always loves to pick him apart for his comedian past, but he could run circles around most of those douche-bags when it comes to policy and actually knowing what is going on in the world/country

Not sure....but honestly he'd make a great president
I just don't think he could get out the vote
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:35:07 pm by springbreakHatch .🛠|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|🚀 »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3029 on: April 20, 2017, 07:16:38 pm »
I fear that the country is not San Francisco unfortunately!

the Cory Booker vote referred to above  disqualifies him for me..

Elizabeth Warren... what is the hype with her? Her speech at the Convention which should have been her shining moment was ATROCIOUS... Trump will eat her for breakfast before he washes her down with Sanders...

If Hillary couldn't do it we won't see a female president in our lifetime sidehatch.. not unless we live to be so old we won't know it anyways... this is one sexist country...

I'm all in for Franken if he even hints at running in the primaries...He has has the smarts, wit and ability to think  quick on his feet to take on Trump...and at least he won't be near 80 which Trump will also be...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:39:16 pm by hutch »