Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904578 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3390 on: August 24, 2018, 01:04:45 pm »
it is unbleiveable how much news there is in this 'fake news' era

but this is getting some mention, but certainly being lost in the din of the shock and awe PR policy the POTUS has

People make up stories. This whole thing about flipping, they call it, I know all about flipping. For 30, 40 years I’ve been watching flippers. Everything’s wonderful and then they get 10 years in jail and they — they flip on whoever the next highest one is, or as high as you can go.   It — it almost ought to be outlawed. It’s not fair.

A president of the United States is saying that a criminal’s loyalty to his fellow criminals is a sacred principle, and that it’s wrong for law enforcement to interfere with that.
    — Kurt Andersen (@KBAndersen)

this is good
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:34:18 pm by SEA-hatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3391 on: August 24, 2018, 01:36:11 pm »
The President and his party of enablers are rapidly reaching the point of -arguably has happened this week- of saying if he has broken law it’s ok and if he can be above law - this is the key test- then we longer live in a democracy or republic but more like an authoritarian regime with proclivities towards dictatorship....

Crazy is at 11

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3392 on: August 24, 2018, 01:39:27 pm »

Flipper was a hero. Here he is beckoning a young woman into the water where it was safer.
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3393 on: August 24, 2018, 01:40:50 pm »
The President and his party of enablers are rapidly reaching the point of -arguably has happened this week- of saying if he has broken law it’s ok and if he can be above law - this is the key test- then we longer live in a democracy or republic but more like an authoritarian regime with proclivities towards dictatorship....

Crazy is at 11

Nixon 2.0
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #3394 on: August 24, 2018, 01:44:58 pm »
But did Nixon have the entire party enabling him?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3395 on: August 24, 2018, 05:33:37 pm »
😐 🎶

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3396 on: August 27, 2018, 10:55:39 am »
will Hillary run again?  why would she want to put her,self through the American people, again?  maybe, she wins, maybe she doesn't . . . but good lord mercy to anyone who tries, for the rest of my life.  we all are to blame though.  go out and vote. go out and vote.  November, November, November.  and then nothing else, the rest of the time, besides watching from the sidelines.  I do it too.  I vote, and feel happy, as if I actually have accomplished something.  I have . . . I help keep the train with no windows or any doors, onward down the tracks.

hutch

« Reply #3397 on: August 27, 2018, 11:02:50 am »
Not Hillary Clinton

But I think there is a good chance both Biden and Sanders will...it is going to be a brutal primary

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3398 on: August 27, 2018, 11:06:25 am »
someone, told me, the other day . . . Hillary / Obama 2020.  i laughed at him, saying, sure ok.  yeah right.  keep dreaming.  and then, I could not get the thought out of my, head. 

hutch

« Reply #3399 on: August 27, 2018, 11:08:44 am »
That would never happen

Obama would never do that

So go back to laughing

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3400 on: August 27, 2018, 11:11:56 am »
I enjoy, when people say, "  " would never do that.  You can only say, "I" would never do that, and even then . . . you can't really prove it.

hutch

« Reply #3401 on: August 27, 2018, 11:17:07 am »
I enjoy, when people say, "  " would never do that.  You can only say, "I" would never do that, and even then . . . you can't really prove it.

Well I think with a public figure- a president no less-you have a real extensive public record to go on

People enjoy playing these political parlor games but it never happens....Bill Clinton never ran for a third term, there never was a contested convention and there never will be a Vice President Obama

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3402 on: August 27, 2018, 11:26:47 am »
someone, told me, the other day . . . Hillary / Obama 2020.  i laughed at him, saying, sure ok.  yeah right.  keep dreaming.  and then, I could not get the thought out of my, head.
I believe the prevailing legal opinion is an ex-President who has served their two terms cannot be the VP although no court has ever weighed in on it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:29:07 am by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3403 on: August 27, 2018, 11:46:02 am »
I believe the prevailing legal opinion is an ex-President who has served their two terms cannot be the VP although no court has ever weighed in on it.

Another random technicality I read was the if the VP becomes President less than two years into the term, he/she is still eligible to run twice more. So that could mean 10+ years of President Pence in theory. Not that there's a strong likelihood of that happening.

Space Freely

« Reply #3404 on: September 05, 2018, 04:01:16 pm »