Author Topic: two wheelin  (Read 75675 times)

hutch

Re: two wheelin
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2015, 09:53:39 pm »
bikers are annoying as fuck..they have this holier than thou attitude about them... look at me on my bike! i'm good for the environment, you suck...

bike paths are not just "bike paths"..they are also for people walking...try walking on any bike paths in NOVA... you aresitting therewalking and every ten second "ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYOIUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRLEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"...so fuckin' annoying..just pass me and shut the fuck up..or better yet SLOW THE FUCK DOWN...

but if you're driving god forbid you get near any biker....."HOW DARE YOU NOT COME TO A FULL STOP AND LET ME BIKE BY!"

the sad reality is people tend to suck....car drivers suck..bikers suck... the only guys I have sympathy for are pedestrians cause they get fucked by everyone.

Yada

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 09:07:11 am »
hutch'd

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 09:20:15 am »
bike paths are not just "bike paths"..they are also for people walking...

people can walk anywhere they like
why do they need a paved path

honestly it's no place for toddlers or teaching your young kids how to ride a bike
the WO&D is kinda like the autobahn IMO

I'm a very courteous rider, but can't speak for the others. There are a lot of egotistical asses on their $5500 bikes who think they don't need to give any warning.  That I hate
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 09:59:26 am »
bikers are annoying as fuck..they have this holier than thou attitude about them... look at me on my bike! i'm good for the environment, you suck...

It always amuses/amazes me how drivers are so incredibly tuned in when it comes to biker infractions, but when it comes to seeing their own behavior or other drivers, they're like a referee at a WWF match. I am constantly being yelled at, honked at, cursed at, threatened, etc because I inconvenienced some car person who wants to turn right on red but I'm going straight and am in his way and therefore am delaying him/her by 2.8 seconds.

So yeah, a lot of bikers do have attitudes because we put up with so much shit from car people who break laws left and right and yet cry themselves into a tizzy when a biker runs a red light.

but if you're driving god forbid you get near any biker....."HOW DARE YOU NOT COME TO A FULL STOP AND LET ME BIKE BY!"

In a car vs bike match-up, the worst scenario for the driver is a dented fender and maybe some chipped paint while the worst scenario for the biker is death.

I am frequently puzzled by the degree to which drivers get SO MAD at bikers for such trivial things. I can think back to at least a half-dozen really shitty things drivers have done to me while biking that have resulted in a broken rib, broken nose, multiple abrasions including one requiring stitches, several busted bikes, and lots of peripheral damage. Hutch, can you remember specific times that bikers have truly injured or affected you, apart from "Some biker one time did something that made me arrive at my destination at 12:28 instead of 12:27"?
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 10:02:20 am »
people can walk anywhere they like
why do they need a paved path

listen, i'm more pro-bike than the next guy, but that's stupid.  walking along the side of a bike path = can be wet with rain/dew, muddy, uneven, have obstacles, etc.  
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2015, 10:05:54 am »
relaxer . . . hunk of a man, and defender of all things bike.

Relaxer

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:42 am »
It is a yoke I am willing to shoulder, muscularly.
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2015, 12:08:59 pm »
bike paths are not just "bike paths"..they are also for people walking...try walking on any bike paths in NOVA... you aresitting therewalking and every ten second "ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYOIUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRLEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"...so fuckin' annoying..just pass me and shut the fuck up..or better yet SLOW THE FUCK DOWN...

In Maryland and DC, bicyclists are required to announce themselves when overtaking pedestrians, runners and other trail users.  Not so much in VA.

walk,on,by

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2015, 10:55:06 am »

brennser

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2015, 09:18:56 am »

bike paths are not just "bike paths"..they are also for people walking...try walking on any bike paths in NOVA... you aresitting therewalking and every ten
the sad reality is people tend to suck....car drivers suck..bikers suck... the only guys I have sympathy for are pedestrians cause they get fucked by everyone.

The converse of this from a bikers point of view is that (some) runners are annoying as fuck - they are not bike paths, they are not jogging paths - they are MIXED USE paths but for every biker who wants to zoom by without warning there are runners who insist on running 2 or 3 abreast and taking up the entire path and then acting like the biker is some kind of ass when they call the pass

This morning I had this happen and then almost ran headlong into a gaggle of georgetown students running in the opposite direction who even after making eye contact wouldn't give me any room on the path

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2015, 10:45:32 am »
who wants to runners who insist on running 2 or 3 abreast and taking up the entire path and then acting like the biker is some kind of ass when they call the pass

This morning I had this happen and then almost ran headlong into a gaggle of georgetown students running in the opposite direction who even after making eye contact wouldn't give me any room on the path
drives me bonkers and happens all the time
slack

brennser

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2015, 01:09:40 pm »
on a more positive note I rode the Civil War Century in appalling weather conditions on Saturday and despite getting lost 5 or 6 times (was raining so heavily it was hard to see the race markings) felt strong the whole race - finished w almost 110 miles

hutch

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2015, 05:45:57 pm »

In Maryland and DC, bicyclists are required to announce themselves when overtaking pedestrians, runners and other trail users.  Not so much in VA.

well of course but there is a difference between saying "on your left" and yelling it so frickin loud.. wha is the walker supposed to ? how is he supposed to have a decent walk with bikers yelling "ON YOURR LEFFFFFT" every five seconds...

the reality is they are not meant to be just bike paths... they are meant also for walking and running...bikers cruising around at 30 mph are lame...go fuckin' become a member of a velodrome or something..

on bike paths bikers essentially treats pedestrians pretty much like cars treat bikers on the road...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2015, 05:56:03 pm »
on bike paths bikers essentially treats pedestrians pretty much like cars treat bikers on the road...

ouch... this hurts because it's true.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2015, 05:59:29 pm »
/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 06:23:52 pm by killsaly »