Author Topic: two wheelin  (Read 74493 times)

Space Freely

Re: two wheelin
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 02:44:39 pm »
when I see people riding their bikes on the road, I scream at them . . . "do I ride my fucking car on your fucking bike trails?"  get off the road, assholes.

Really? i'm going to have to go against you on this one. Because there aren't bike trails everywhere.

And because there's no way in hell someone over the age of 16 (12?) should be riding their bike on a pedestrian sidewalk.

Relaxer

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 02:44:48 pm »
relaxer, how is biking to work in winter?  does snow stop you from biking?

There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear. So no, biking in the winter is not too difficult because I have very good cold weather clothing. Really, biking in the summer is the big bitch because it's so damn hot.

And the snow has not stopped me yet because if it's bad enough that I can ride my fat tire bike (which is the only time I ever ride that thing) then it's bad enough that work has been cancelled.

It helps a lot that my commute is riding Mass Ave for two miles and then shooting up North Cap. It's not like I'm on backroads. These are among the first roads paved when there's a storm.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 02:47:02 pm »
when I see people riding their bikes on the road, I scream at them . . . "do I ride my fucking car on your fucking bike trails?"  get off the road, assholes.

Fuck you. Do you know how often I'm almost hit because douchebag drivers use the dedicated bike lanes as a fun new lane to speed into or park on top of or throw their doors open into?

I appreciate the sentiment and symbolism of the bike lanes but they've just given asshole drivers even more of an opportunity to be assholes. Overall a net positive though.

oword

walk,on,by

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 02:47:18 pm »

Really? i'm going to have to go against you on this one. Because there aren't bike trails everywhere.

And because there's no way in hell someone over the age of 16 (12?) should be riding their bike on a pedestrian sidewalk.

I live in an area in the national forest, which is to die for beautiful, with 360 mountain views and a very narrow and windy road.  people love to ride their bikes on the road and it causes me to all most die when I try to pass them.  that, is who I am referring to.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:51:46 pm by walk,on,by »

ggw

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »

walk,on,by

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 02:47:52 pm »

Fuck you. Do you know how often I'm almost hit because douchebag drivers use the dedicated bike lanes as a fun new lane to speed into or park on top of or throw their doors open into?

I appreciate the sentiment and symbolism of the bike lanes but they've just given asshole drivers even more of an opportunity to be assholes. Overall a net positive though.

see, above post.  and yes, I would love, to fuck you.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 02:49:13 pm »
Please, review Virginia.

http://bikeleague.org/StateBikeLaws

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 02:51:07 pm »
only have a road bike and my 15 mile commute is 98% on the awesome DC area bike trails

So fall (with lots of wet leaves) and snow are a bitch (because the don't clear them (well Arlington is starting to))

Just got a really powerful light, so night time (and early morning) riding is more doable on the trails
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:52:44 pm by Sidehatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 03:13:54 pm »
Please, review Virginia.

http://bikeleague.org/StateBikeLaws

oh boy...I'm screwed
half the reason I ride a bike  ;)
Bicycling Under the Influence

Virginia's law prohibiting driving while under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances is written so that it applies to motor vehicles and therefore does not directly apply to bicyclists. Nevertheless bicycles should not be operated while intoxicated.
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 03:15:27 pm »
Just going to leave this here.
LVMH

brennser

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 04:31:15 pm »
relaxer, how is biking to work in winter?  does snow stop you from biking?

There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear. So no, biking in the winter is not too difficult because I have very good cold weather clothing. Really, biking in the summer is the big bitch because it's so damn hot.

And the snow has not stopped me yet because if it's bad enough that I can ride my fat tire bike (which is the only time I ever ride that thing) then it's bad enough that work has been cancelled.

It helps a lot that my commute is riding Mass Ave for two miles and then shooting up North Cap. It's not like I'm on backroads. These are among the first roads paved when there's a storm.

Much like our mutual love for Sleater Kinney  :P I agree w Relaxer - I ride year round including during the ridiculous polar vortex shit the last two years - the day it was 7 degrees outside with a wind chilll to below zero was pretty darn cold though - I have an 11 mile commute through rock creek park

brennser

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2015, 04:33:14 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSkUyR-ENN4

vansmack

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2015, 04:35:07 pm »
There's no such thing as bad weather

I agree....
27>34

vansmack

27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda