Author Topic: two wheelin  (Read 74500 times)

Re: two wheelin
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2016, 05:28:33 pm »
Just announced the first 100 people will get a free pint glass!
 May 20th we will be the only after work pit stop in Arlington where you can grab a beer and register to get free gear.

Nice...New District Brewing is hosting the after party!!

Arlington ? Shirlington Afternoon Party, New District Brewing Company

Address: 2709 S Oakland St, Arlington VA 22206
Pit Stop Time: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm

slack

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2016, 10:15:48 pm »
yeah...I'm cross posting

Los Amigos Invisibles
Tour de Fat (something at Yarks Park to do with biking and new belgium brewing)
5-21 3:40 pm
http://www.newbelgium.com/events/tour-de-fat/washington
This is always a fun event ...family friendly
lots of cool special releases too (although that line is always a headache...pays to get there early)
even more awesome that LAI is playing!
Ride your BIKE!
slack

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2016, 08:22:44 am »
the original fixie
slack

« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »
Germany to create Bike highways

Radschnellweg (bicycle highway)
slack

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2016, 01:49:08 pm »
is it me or does it look like the guy with the Yellow shirt is missing something important?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2016, 06:47:58 pm »
How many bonus points did Jeremy Piven just earn?

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2017, 11:14:05 pm »

http://draftmag.com/REEBellion/
Grand Prize: One lucky winner will score a 3 day/3 night trip for four (4) to the REEB Ranch, Brevard, NC, including airfare, transportation, lodging, and meals, PLUS a REEB bike and limited edition gear from Smith, Weevil Outdoor Supply Co., ENO Hammocks, and RockyMounts.
slack

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2018, 11:42:55 am »
Spring has kinda arrived and I've decided to combine some of my hobbies

not pictured...kegerator between speakers

(yes there are three wheels)
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2018, 01:19:21 pm »
Ugh, this thread, again.

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2018, 02:36:40 pm »
It's like my only thread man...cut me some slack, jack
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2018, 02:42:08 pm »
Sorry.  I, seem to remember that I posted something in here a long time ago that people didn't like.

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2018, 02:47:29 pm »
Sorry.  I, seem to remember that I posted something in here a long time ago that people didn't like.
yeah but you do that in just about every thread, so there is that
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2018, 06:35:31 pm »
touch,e

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2018, 01:35:15 pm »
bikearlington took my idea and wrote a nice piece :)

http://www.bikearlington.com/wod-bike-beer-tour/

Saturday

MM 0 – Best Buns (0.3 mi off trail) Too early for a beer, but food is essential before biking. I can’t think of a better way to start a ride than an egg sandwich from Best Buns!
    MM 20 – Great Harvest Bread. (0.0 mi off trail) A must stop when you are on the W&OD.  Free slices of bread and when they learned it was Kim’s birthday, they gave her a free cookie!
    MM 25 – Old Ox Brewery  (0.0 mi off trail) – Great vibe!   We each decided on a flight of four 4oz tastings.  A bold start, especially since breakfast was long ago burned and our free bread slices were all that we had in our bellies.  Since this brewery is right off the trail, there were also a bunch of cyclist and runners fueling their workouts with an alternative carb source. Kim’s favorite beer–  Transfusion Farmhouse Lager; My favorite beer– Hoppy Place.
    MM 34 – Crooked Run Brewery (0.1 mi off trail) – This little spot just off the trail has a fun atmosphere that invites you back for more. In fact, we met another group from Arlington, who returned to this spot after experiencing a great time and great beers a couple week prior. Kim’s favorite experience – Hanging out with a big puppy; My favorite experience – Bragging to our fellow Arlingtonian visitors that we biked to Crooked Run!
    MM 40 – Blue Hill Farm B&B (2.4 mi off trail) – Five stars! You know when you pull up to a place and you know it’s going to be perfect?  That’s how we felt when we biked up to Blue Hill Farm After just one night, we consider our hosts, Shirley and Waldo, our friends!
    MM 44 – Belly Love Brewery (0.5 mi off trail) – There are at least four breweries and one distillery in Purcellville, but the name of this brewery spoke to Kim. Owned by a husband and wife team, they chose the name because they wanted something funand the Buddha logo is pretty awesome too! Bottle labels are designed by a local Purcellville artist, and are definitely conversation worthy. Kim’s beer choice – Narcissist; My beer choice – Flying Unicorn Crotch Kick.

Sunday

MM 26 – Lost Rhino Brewery (1.5 mi off trail) – This brewery did not originally make my list because, in my mind, it was too far off the trail. But the ride was flat and easy – so glad we made the detour. Turns out, we learned from the guys behind the bar that the name Lost Rhino is inspired by the surfing term, rhino chaser – someone out to find the best waves, the biggest waves – an adventurer. Seriously, could it be any more perfect for our little adventure? Kim’s favorite Rhino – Final Glide // Hefeweizen; My favorite Rhino – Dawn Patrol // Session India Pale Ale.
    MM 12 – Caboose Brewery (0.0 mi off trail) – We can’t wait to come back to Caboose – not just for a beer, but for the food too.   I opted for a Grease Monkey Pale Ale, which despite being an ale, was crisp with a hint of citrus. Kim elected to go shopping for another t-shirt and pint glass. Kim’s favorite find – Free Caboose Stickers!
    MM 0 – New District Brewery (0.1 mi off trail) – You know we had to end our brewery tour at Arlington’s own New District Brewery! We live walking (and biking) distance from this brewery and one of our fondest memories is having a drink (or three) during 2016’s Snowzilla blizzard. Still craving a lighter beer – I went with the Ginger Saison and it did not disappoint!
    MM 0 – Copperwood Tavern (0.2 off trail) After a long ride and many beers we were ready for our “go to meal” at Copperwood – Farmers Salad and a Tavern Burger to share. Kim, all tapped out on desire for beer decided it was time for whiskey. I went for the Blue Bee cider.   When they learned it was Kim’s birthday, they presented a special dessert and toasted her with a glass of champagne.

slack

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2018, 02:15:03 pm »
many more breweries are on the list since I started this thread
21 in 45 miles of the WO&D

MM   Brewery

0   Capitol City Brewing Company Shirlington
0   New District Brewing Company
7   Mad Fox
12   Caboose Brewing
18   Lake Anne Brew House
19   Aslin Beer Company