Author Topic: Podcast recommendations  (Read 9355 times)

Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND

• Hall of Fame Poster, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Podcast recommendations
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2017, 12:09:35 pm »
I don't think I've mentioned this in this thread before but I have come to love How Did This Get Made? I think much of the back catalogue is now behind a paywall but it cracks me up so much. Jason Manzukis, or whatever his name is, is in his perfect element ripping terrible films to shreds.

Do you need to have seen the bad movie in advance of each episode in order to get the most out of it?  I can't do a podcast that requires homework.
Its definitely better if you know the shitty film they're reviewing but I do not know the film most of the time and it's still hilarious. If look at the back catalog, there's lots of films you've no doubt seen which is a good way to dip your toes in the water.

Some favorite episodes (no idea which of are currently behind a paywall, they cycle free/pay episodes monthly): Teen Witch, Junior, Face/Off, Roadhouse, Kazaam.
LVMH

I Know Now Why You Cry

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2017, 03:11:22 pm »
Bret Easton Ellis Podcast, the Cracked Podcast, Unpopular Opinion, the Talkhouse Music Podcast, The Needle Drop Podcast

maryland man's son

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2017, 04:42:02 pm »
S-Town is amazing. Also really liked In The Dark.

Finished S-Town last night...listening again :)

challenged

« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »
Now that Bagley is fully into the pidcast world, this thread will be exploding.

Celebration Rock Podcast
http://www.93x.com/category/celebration-rock/    has DC acts Bat Fangs and Flasher as sleeper records of 2018 so far, and some other non DC interesting recommends.