Author Topic: The Star Wars discussion/SPOILER thread  (Read 50979 times)

K8teebug

Re: The Star Wars discussion/SPOILER thread
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2016, 02:39:32 pm »
Am I the only one who is just totally over Star Wars? I think I probably am.

killsaly

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2016, 03:07:50 pm »
I'm sure there are others.  I'm not one of them, but I imagine others are over the franchise.  The prequels almost killed the franchise ( though I have grown to actually enjoy those as well).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:09:45 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2016, 02:49:52 pm »
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/alden-ehrenreich-cast-as-young-han-solo-report/

Alden Ehrenreich has emerged as the frontrunner for the lead role in Disney?s forthcoming Han Solo origin film, according to Deadline.

The 26-year-old Los Angeles native last appeared on screen in the Coen brothers? Hail Caesar!, playing the role of Hobie Doyle. His filmography also includes roles in Woody Allen?s Blue Jasmine, Park Chan-wook?s Stoker, Richard LaGravenese?s Beautiful Creatures, and a forthcoming Howard Hughes biopic from Warren Beatty.

vansmack

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2016, 04:05:39 pm »
https://youtu.be/FV0QNu1Ncuk
^ video with a few "secrets"

I forgot to comeback and tell you how far down the rabbit hole this video led me.

I clicked it on Tuesday night while watching the Halo's and just kept going....kept watching more secrets and theory videos after the Angels game and before I knew it, it was well after midnight.

Thanks for that.
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2016, 04:08:24 pm »
https://youtu.be/FV0QNu1Ncuk
^ video with a few "secrets"

I forgot to comeback and tell you how far down the rabbit hole this video led me.

I clicked it on Tuesday night while watching the Halo's and just kept going....kept watching more secrets and theory videos after the Angels game and before I knew it, it was well after midnight.

Thanks for that.
I am glad I am not the only one!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2016, 01:18:31 pm »
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/alden-ehrenreich-cast-as-young-han-solo-report/

Alden Ehrenreich has emerged as the frontrunner for the lead role in Disney?s forthcoming Han Solo origin film, according to Deadline.

The 26-year-old Los Angeles native last appeared on screen in the Coen brothers? Hail Caesar!, playing the role of Hobie Doyle. His filmography also includes roles in Woody Allen?s Blue Jasmine, Park Chan-wook?s Stoker, Richard LaGravenese?s Beautiful Creatures, and a forthcoming Howard Hughes biopic from Warren Beatty.
Would that it were so simple.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2016, 02:59:54 pm »
I think we have reached critical mass in regards to Chewbacca Mom.  Please go away, lady. 

walk,on,by

« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2016, 03:22:53 pm »
i was just thinking the same thing.  i was watching a movie, and one of the trailers was rogue one and it still got me right there, with the things I know about the movie, from online spoilers.  can't wait.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2016, 02:32:49 pm »
ooh look . . . old kill,sally and old walkonby posts, in storm,trooper white.

I was not aware, that tickets for the new star wars movie, coming out this month, are already for sale.

Space Freely

« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2016, 02:34:27 pm »
Am I the only one who is just totally over Star Wars? I think I probably am.

It's really one of my least favorite Wilco albums.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2016, 02:57:32 pm »
you know, I have never listened to them ever, not once or knew anything about them.  then that album comes out, and I put it in my queue on Spotify.  the marketing effect they went for, worked.  I seem to remember it was good, maybe half ok because I only listened once, and I have this odd ritual some,times that an album really has to hook me, even if just a bit hooked me, if I am going to even remember the damn thing.

Space Freely

« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2016, 02:59:47 pm »
you know, I have never listened to them ever, not once or knew anything about them.  then that album comes out, and I put it in my queue on Spotify.  the marketing effect they went for, worked.  I seem to remember it was good, maybe half ok because I only listened once, and I have this odd ritual some,times that an album really has to hook me, even if just a bit hooked me, if I am going to even remember the damn thing.

I don't believe you.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2016, 03:06:19 pm »

I don't believe you.
95% of people who frequent here I would not believe had never listened to Wilco. Walkie falls into the 5% where I absolutely believe he'd never knowingly listened to the band. That rings true.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2016, 03:13:44 pm »

I don't believe you.
95% of people who frequent here I would not believe had never listened to Wilco. Walkie falls into the 5% where I absolutely believe he'd never knowingly listened to the band. That rings true.

Can you please rewrite that sentence for a simple dolt like me? Too many double negatives combined with math and you've left me confused.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2016, 03:36:02 pm »
Can you please rewrite that sentence for a simple dolt like me?
Sure:

I, like you,would generally find a claim of "someone on here never having listened to Wilco" as unlikely. But this is Walkie. I believe virtually any otherwise-insane claim if its about Walkie. If Walkie claimed he'd never eaten spaghetti I would go "hmm. . . sounds legit."
LVMH