Author Topic: The Star Wars discussion/SPOILER thread  (Read 51020 times)

killsaly

Re: The Star Wars discussion/SPOILER thread
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »
It feels similar because; the Hero's Journey.

http://www.thewritersjourney.com/hero's_journey.htm

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2016, 11:02:11 pm »
Acting was horrible, the worst being han solo.

I thought a lot of the new characters acting was great, but both Carrie and Harrison were by far the weakest performances in the film.

Way too much action and not enough story
For me 4 & 5 are 10's and 6 is a 9
1 & 2 were like 3's and don't even think I saw 3?

I'd give this in the 7-8 range.

There was a laugh out loud moment when Rey and Finn first meet

slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2016, 06:25:45 pm »
ughhh.  I am going to scream.  I want to go see it again, just to make sure I still hate it as much as I do.  its still star wars, so it has some redeeming value.

and you are correct . . . han and leia and Chewbacca and Luke were the worst.  Rey and Finn, were actually pretty good characters.  only jj, can ruin the beloved.

walk,on,by

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »
the truth, comes out, of how they did bb,8

killsaly

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2016, 09:10:50 pm »
han and leia and Chewbacca and Luke were the worst.  Rey and Finn, were actually pretty good characters.  only jj, can ruin the beloved.
Not true.  George Lucas shit on the "beloved" with the prequels.

walk,on,by

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2016, 09:17:25 pm »
the only beloved characters that were in the prequels were the emperor, and darth vadar for about five seconds at the end of the last film.  and the emperor was the fucking shiznit, in those movies.

killsaly

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2016, 09:29:24 pm »
I meant it as the franchise is beloved.  There were plenty of cool expanded universe comics and books with new characters; before the Prequels came along.  Though none of those are canon now, so who gives a shit, right?

walk,on,by

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2016, 09:35:56 pm »
I just like to argue with you . . . you're so cute when you do it.  favorite star wars book?  mine is the jedi academy series.  I can't decide if I like the cartoon clone wars thing.  I watched a crap load of them, and they are ok, but are they really great?

oh, wait . . . I forgot about yoda in the prequels.  believe me, everyone wanted to forget about him.  fucking lucas, ruining yoda.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:37:48 pm by walk,on,by »

walk,on,by

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »

walk,on,by

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2016, 09:44:23 pm »

nkotb

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 09:54:39 am »
Yeah, Disney is really ruining the franchise

way too much hype....

I like that Groucho Marx quote which Woody Allen always talks about "I wouldn't want to be any part of a club that would have me"

If everyone is getting crazy about Star Wars I head for the hills.. the overcommercialization of the thing since Disney bought it is way over the top.. Star Wars Mac and Cheese, Stars Wars condoms, Stars Wars shirts, Star Wars underwear.. come on

killsaly

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2016, 08:32:49 pm »

killsaly

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2016, 08:38:35 pm »
I just like to argue with you . . . you're so cute when you do it.  favorite star wars book?  mine is the jedi academy series.  I can't decide if I like the cartoon clone wars thing.  I watched a crap load of them, and they are ok, but are they really great?
I finally gave the Clone Wars cartoon a spin, and I loved it.  I will watch the rest of them and then Rebels over the next few months. 

My favorite Star Wars books were the Thrawn Trilogy; Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command.

Also, Consequence of Sound ran a cool article ranking all 18 movies, cartoons, TV movies, Holiday Special, etc...
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/ranking-every-star-wars-film-and-tv-show-from-worst-to-best/

I decided to watch stuff I havent seen in forever (like the Ewok movies) and see the stuff I had never seen (like the Clone Wars cartoon, the Droids series)...

Recently I saw the Holiday Special for the first time.. Yikes.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 10:03:50 am »
Someone brought up a good Star Wars point at work this morning I thought I would posit here: if the bad guys in the white body armor still die as soon as they're shot with the laser guns, why are they wearing it?
LVMH

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 10:07:24 am »
don't start using logic
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:13:20 am by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ★ »
slack