Author Topic: The Star Wars discussion/SPOILER thread  (Read 50220 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
The Star Wars discussion/SPOILER thread
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:28:06 am »
i will be seeing Star Wars either tonight or saturday night.  until then, i don't want to hear about it.  after that, i'll be stinking up this thread with my thoughts ;D

so if you've seen the movie and are dying to share your insights, without being a prick and ruining the fun for others, this is the place.
<sig>

Relaxer

Re: The Star Wars discussion/SPOILER thread
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:33:55 am »
I'm going tonight, along with five children, possibly six. Oh yay.

However, I will have another dad with me, and both of us are elated at the fact that Poto Yard now sells beer. That should help mellow the kids out somewhat.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 11:34:59 am »
. . . the fact that Poto Yard now sells beer. That should help mellow the kids out somewhat.
It should also help mitigate the fact that you have to see Star Wars which is nerd crap written for children.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 11:59:13 am »
. . . the fact that Poto Yard now sells beer. That should help mellow the kids out somewhat.
It should also help mitigate the fact that you have to see Star Wars which is nerd crap written for children.

Inside Out and Shaun the Sheep Movie were also 2015 movies that were written for children that made for excellent adult viewing.

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »

oword

Yada

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 12:58:56 pm »
I'm going tonight, along with five children, possibly six. Oh yay.

However, I will have another dad with me, and both of us are elated at the fact that Poto Yard now sells beer. That should help mellow the kids out somewhat.

How many ounces of tincture are you taking down prior to the viewing?

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 01:09:14 pm »
I had to google "tincture" and having done so, I'm still not entirely certain what it is. Regardless, I'm a classic 'whiskey and a joint' kind of guy. Simple man, simple pleasures, etc.

It's weird for me because Star Wars came out when I was 7, Empire when I was 11, and Return when I was 14. I mean, these movies couldn't have hit my formative years at a better time. I watched all 3 dozens and dozens of times. And yet the following three prequel movies so completely damaged my love for Lucas that I'm looking forward to seeing TFA but in the same way I was looking forward to the Chris Pine 'Star Trek' movies: Oh, this might be fun, why not.

In contrast, in the weeks leading up to the Phantom Menace premiere, I couldn't stop feeling excited. And when I walked out of the theater, I was sorely disappointed.
oword

Yada

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »
I had to google "tincture" and having done so, I'm still not entirely certain what it is. Regardless, I'm a classic 'whiskey and a joint' kind of guy. Simple man, simple pleasures, etc.

It's weird for me because Star Wars came out when I was 7, Empire when I was 11, and Return when I was 14. I mean, these movies couldn't have hit my formative years at a better time. I watched all 3 dozens and dozens of times. And yet the following three prequel movies so completely damaged my love for Lucas that I'm looking forward to seeing TFA but in the same way I was looking forward to the Chris Pine 'Star Trek' movies: Oh, this might be fun, why not.

In contrast, in the weeks leading up to the Phantom Menace premiere, I couldn't stop feeling excited. And when I walked out of the theater, I was sorely disappointed.

http://www.theweedblog.com/the-most-underrated-of-all-marijuana-products-weed-tinctures/

You can continue to partake for all two hours and 16 minutes.

walk,on,by

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 01:25:30 pm »
why, am I not surprised, there is a weed blog, where stoners figures out every way under the sun to get high.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 01:48:16 pm »
Paddington, too.

Inside Out and Shaun the Sheep Movie were also 2015 movies that were written for children that made for excellent adult viewing.
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 01:54:52 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing The Secret Life of Pets... I think that's going to the first movie I attempt to take my daughter to.

fatskippy

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19:24 pm »
The first guy in line at the Uptown last night had been there since last Friday.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 03:27:00 pm »
The first guy in line at the Uptown last night had been there since last Friday.
Am I mistaken that everyone who went last night pre-bought tickets? What the fuck is the point of showing up that early. Fucking sci-fi nerd scum. I can only imagine how fat that sack of shit is.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 03:29:23 pm »
way too much hype....

I like that Groucho Marx quote which Woody Allen always talks about "I wouldn't want to be any part of a club that would have me"

If everyone is getting crazy about Star Wars I head for the hills.. the overcommercialization of the thing since Disney bought it is way over the top.. Star Wars Mac and Cheese, Stars Wars condoms, Stars Wars shirts, Star Wars underwear.. come on

Relaxer

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 03:34:29 pm »
the overcommercialization of the thing since Disney bought it is way over the top.. Star Wars Mac and Cheese, Stars Wars condoms, Stars Wars shirts, Star Wars underwear.. come on

Did you not notice that there were fucking minions attached to everything last summer?

And pointing to the Star Wars franchise and over-commercialization is like accusing the ocean of suddenly being wet.

oword