Author Topic: Gift Cards for 9:30 and Merriweather  (Read 5670 times)

medeski7

Gift Cards for 9:30 and Merriweather
« on: December 22, 2015, 01:43:46 pm »
I was going to buy specific shows for people for Christmas this year and decided on gift cards instead.  I was just testing the ticket system to use the cards and I can't find a place to buy tickets online using the card.  Is this not possible?  If not, that's ridiculous.

hutch

Re: Gift Cards for 9:30 and Merriweather
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 04:03:41 pm »
Ticketfly isn't set up to take 9:30 Giftcards,  they are only redeemable on our credit card readers in house.

medeski7

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 05:57:33 pm »
I realize in my case it's too late.  I hope in the future something can be done to change this.  Often a high demand show goes on sale and you can't be at the box office to buy tickets.  Thanks for the responses.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:57:21 pm »
I agree this is ridiculous and exactly why id never buy a 9:30 gift card. That said, Seth is on the record - repeatedly, on this board - that his choice in ticketing agents is 100% centered around his bottom line and he doesn't care about his customers.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 01:06:21 am »
I agree this is ridiculous and exactly why id never buy a 9:30 gift card. That said, Seth is on the record - repeatedly, on this board - that his choice in ticketing agents is 100% centered around his bottom line and he doesn't care about his customers.

that doesn't make sense as his bottom line is affected by people buying the gift cards.. of course he has admitted he wants the highest revenue possible from the ticket charges BUT his bigger stream of revenue are ticket sales far and away... having gift cards people can use to buy tickets to shows over the internet would lead to more gift card sales and therefore more ticket sales (although not a 1:1 ratio as people buy tickets regardless of whether they are given a gift card)...