Author Topic: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45  (Read 101898 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2016, 05:35:55 pm »
930 Forum > Penthouse Forum
LVMH

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2016, 05:37:20 pm »
LVMH

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2016, 05:48:51 pm »
Wow, just wow

I'd like to take just smidgen of credit for suggesting this thread
but honestly the ball slipped out of my hand at the one yard line and Relaxer took it all the way down the field, scored a touchdown, then slamdunked it and ended it with a triple lindy

bravo, bravo!
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2016, 06:37:04 pm »
[Golf clap]  I really don't care if it's true or not. Well done. [/Golf clap]   

bob72

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2016, 07:17:03 pm »
K was at the end of her monthly beautiful time, and the subsequent mess made my heart pretty much stop. I mean, it was everywhere.
I just threw up in my mouth a little. There is nothing beautiful about that.
PENIS

Relaxer

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2016, 09:32:33 pm »
bob72, you get five words to use in your signature. Would you like to explain why you chose p e n i and s? This is a safe place.
oword

godsshoeshine

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2016, 09:48:13 pm »
new favorite thread
o/\o

Space Freely

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2016, 10:12:15 pm »
Is a quality of an excellent father cheating on your children's mother? Just wondering.

P.S. I feel like James Ford right now.

That's because it's a very narrow view, breaking down the discussion to the bare minimum a la Rhett.

Obviously, we would all hope for the parental unit to stay together, and in the absence of that, the parents try to work things out between them before something like this happens.  I don't know if that did or did not happen, but I do know the one thing -  he was good in the relationship at taking care of the kids, much better than she was,  hence the second child was probably an attempt at repairing other problems.  And foolish.

As I've gotten older I've met many people who are great spouses but horrible parents or great parents but horrible spouses.  The important thing is you're an adult and can screw your own life up anyway you want, but not the kids lives.  You brought them into this world and it's your responsibility to raise them.  Don't skirt that.

Do I wish he would have reached out to me sooner?  Of course.

Do I wish he would have ended it before moving on? Of course.

But do I want the kids raised in an environment where mommy and daddy are fighting all the time for the next 18 years, married or divorced?  Never, and that's why I'm helping.   

First, let me say I'm neither a great husband nor a great father. I'm a work in progress in both roles. Second, I didn't assert that view above, Yada did.

However, what I think Yada meant was this. Your actions as a spouse have an effect on your kids. Your actions as a parent have an effect on your spouse. The roles are intertwined and not as compartmentalized as you portray them.

You're a role model for your kid's future actions as adults in terms of how you treat your partner. Treat your partner shitty, and the kids are like to grow up with belief that that's the marital norm, and they're likely to replicate your behavior.

Also, if your buddy was the one doing most of the taking care of the kids, I think that's also about being a good partner as well being a good dad. He was making the burden less for his wife.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2016, 11:02:33 pm »
Ay caramba.  This. Is. Awesome.

bob72

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2016, 11:03:12 pm »
bob72, you get five words to use in your signature. Would you like to explain why you chose p e n i and s? This is a safe place.

Pen = ink based writing utensil
Is = third-person singular present tense of the English language verb "to be"
PENIS

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2016, 01:00:45 am »
Is it common courtesy to be told you are about to stick your dick in a bloody vag, or have I been out of the dating pool too long?  Not sure what the protocol is nowadays.

saintangelsin

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2016, 01:45:54 am »
Relaxer - story 2 was super hilarious. Next time, have extra condoms. You can never go wrong with that. Also, I think I'm noticing a pattern. You like to go for unavailable women, don't you? Might want to work on ending that habit if you want something serious and you don't want to be some lady's dirty secret. (Unless that's exactly what you want)

I'm single and 30.
Well, hello there. . . Do you come here often? I'm Julian, by the way.

Well hello to you! To answer your question, yes. I used to a lot in college. And just recently got back into posting on here. Didn't you first join up here like back in the mid to late 2000's? I'm thinking 2007? I know I've seen your name on the board a lot over the years. It's pretty amusing that I've been on here for almost 15 years (off and on) and you're just now saying hi to me. By the way, I'm Megan.

I smell a board romance... and it ain't the stinky sheets next door to Relaxer's house.

For a second, I thought you wrote bad romance ha. I doubt I'm relaxer's type. Also, I doubt I'll ever meet anyone from the board who isn't staph. Seems like I never run into or meetup with anyone at a show from here.

Granted there are a few exceptions - I think I met sweetcell briefly in 2006, and then there was this guy who used to post on here who had huge problems with people who were even the slightest overweight (that thread was ages ago) and he sold me his extra ticket to Smashing Pumpkins at DAR which was in fall 2008. Don't remember his screen name on here, but we basically saw the show together because the tickets were for seats next to each other. Great show, but really awkward. I think his name was Jaron.

Not to sound melodramatic, but romance in my life?! What? I'm a skeptic. I won't lie though when I was 18 to 21 years old, I'd post on here in hopes of meeting cool guys and maybe getting a few dates, but never really had a serious strategy.

Unsanity

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2016, 07:26:44 am »
Ridiculous stories haha! Keep 'em comin! No pun intended.

Yada

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2016, 09:10:26 am »
Relaxer - story 2 was super hilarious. Next time, have extra condoms. You can never go wrong with that. Also, I think I'm noticing a pattern. You like to go for unavailable women, don't you? Might want to work on ending that habit if you want something serious and you don't want to be some lady's dirty secret. (Unless that's exactly what you want)

I'm single and 30.
Well, hello there. . . Do you come here often? I'm Julian, by the way.

Well hello to you! To answer your question, yes. I used to a lot in college. And just recently got back into posting on here. Didn't you first join up here like back in the mid to late 2000's? I'm thinking 2007? I know I've seen your name on the board a lot over the years. It's pretty amusing that I've been on here for almost 15 years (off and on) and you're just now saying hi to me. By the way, I'm Megan.

I smell a board romance... and it ain't the stinky sheets next door to Relaxer's house.

For a second, I thought you wrote bad romance ha. I doubt I'm relaxer's type. Also, I doubt I'll ever meet anyone from the board who isn't staph. Seems like I never run into or meetup with anyone at a show from here.

Granted there are a few exceptions - I think I met sweetcell briefly in 2006, and then there was this guy who used to post on here who had huge problems with people who were even the slightest overweight (that thread was ages ago) and he sold me his extra ticket to Smashing Pumpkins at DAR which was in fall 2008. Don't remember his screen name on here, but we basically saw the show together because the tickets were for seats next to each other. Great show, but really awkward. I think his name was Jaron.

Not to sound melodramatic, but romance in my life?! What? I'm a skeptic. I won't lie though when I was 18 to 21 years old, I'd post on here in hopes of meeting cool guys and maybe getting a few dates, but never really had a serious strategy.

There is too much gold in this post right here, I'm not sure where to begin. Let me have my banana and muffin.

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2016, 09:34:42 am »
That is a hilarious story, Megan. You're so funny! Hey, I hope this doesn't come off as too forward, but do you think I could I get his number?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 11:02:46 am by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH