Author Topic: Record Store Day - April 16, 2016  (Read 20094 times)

bob72

Re: Record Store Day - April 16, 2016
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 01:16:59 pm »
For an unauthorized record store day treat, we have given 5 sets of all 5 singles from the Kim Deal Solo Series all on random colored vinyl (only 50 sets exist!) to Shake It Records in Cincinnati! If you're not near enough to visit, keep an eye out on www.kimdealmusic.com for availability of these in the future...
PENIS

killsaly

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »
Based on what Celebrated Summer Records ordered (not sure what I will actually be able to grab), here is my new list.  I will probably grab three titles...

WILDHONEY: Your Face Sideways CSR exclusive details TBA
AFRIKA BAMBAATAA - Planet Rock 12-inch
ANIMALS - Animal Tracks LP
DAVID BOWIE - I Dig Eveyrthing Pye Years 12-inch
DAVID BOWIE - Man Who Sold The World picutre disc LPMAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD PICTURE DISC LP
DAVID BOWIE - TVC15 40th Anniversary picutre disc single
DEATH - Dividum Live LP
DEFTONES - B-Sides LP
FAITH NO MORE/BEE GEES - Side By Side single
GREEN RIVER - 1984 Demos LP
HUSKER DU - In A Free Land single
IRON MAIDEN - Empire Of The Clouds picture disc 12-inch
METZ/SWAMI JOHN REISS split single
NOFX - Sid And Nancy Single
PHISH - Hoist LP
THE RESIDENTS - Please Do Not Steal It
SUN RA - Spaceways LP
TALKING HEADS/ECHOSMITH - Single
V/A - Cambodian Cassette Archives: Khmer Folk and Pop LP
V/A - C86 NME compilatoin LP
V/A - Doused In Mud, Soaked In Bleach Compilation LP
V/A - Star Wars: The Force Awakens picture disc LP
XIU XIU - Plays The Music Of Twin Peaks LP

hutch

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 08:59:19 pm »
Based on what Celebrated Summer Records ordered (not sure what I will actually be able to grab), here is my new list.  I will probably grab three titles...

WILDHONEY: Your Face Sideways CSR exclusive details TBA
AFRIKA BAMBAATAA - Planet Rock 12-inch
ANIMALS - Animal Tracks LP
DAVID BOWIE - I Dig Eveyrthing Pye Years 12-inch
DAVID BOWIE - Man Who Sold The World picutre disc LPMAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD PICTURE DISC LP
DAVID BOWIE - TVC15 40th Anniversary picutre disc single
DEATH - Dividum Live LP
DEFTONES - B-Sides LP
GREEN RIVER - 1984 Demos LP
HUSKER DU - In A Free Land single
IRON MAIDEN - Empire Of The Clouds picture disc 12-inch
PHISH - Hoist LP
THE RESIDENTS - Please Do Not Steal It
SUN RA - Spaceways LP
TALKING HEADS/ECHOSMITH - Single
V/A - Cambodian Cassette Archives: Khmer Folk and Pop LP
V/A - C86 NME compilatoin LP
V/A - Star Wars: The Force Awakens picture disc LP

Nice list.
If I may ask, what are the five items you most would like to get on RSD?

killsaly

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »
That is tough... Excluding the Wildhoney release (it is an exclusive release for CSR and not an Official RSD release) my top five would be:

- this is just an interesting pairing.  I love FNM and do not hate Bee Gees (though I do not know much about their music outside of the hits).  I already bought one of the other singles in this series (Pantera and Poison Idea).

- I heard one track on this and it was great.

- I really dig NoFX, and I might get this signed at the appearance they are doing, if I both get this and go to the signing. 

- I have digital versions of the last two years of these compilations and would not mind a physical copy of this one in particular. 

- This one is the one I would have as my number one pick, if I could only pick one item.  I can add it to my collection, next to my Xiu Xiu does Nina Simone cassette. 

And there you have it, my top five picks for Record Store Day (at least from the list of the store I am going to, Celebrated Summer) and short reasons why each is desired.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:26:33 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 09:32:08 pm »
I think the packaging on the Iron Maiden release is my favorite right now.

hutch

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 08:34:51 am »
That is tough... Excluding the Wildhoney release (it is an exclusive release for CSR and not an Official RSD release) my top five would be:

- this is just an interesting pairing.  I love FNM and do not hate Bee Gees (though I do not know much about their music outside of the hits).  I already bought one of the other singles in this series (Pantera and Poison Idea).

- I heard one track on this and it was great.

- I really dig NoFX, and I might get this signed at the appearance they are doing, if I both get this and go to the signing. 

- I have digital versions of the last two years of these compilations and would not mind a physical copy of this one in particular. 

- This one is the one I would have as my number one pick, if I could only pick one item.  I can add it to my collection, next to my Xiu Xiu does Nina Simone cassette. 

And there you have it, my top five picks for Record Store Day (at least from the list of the store I am going to, Celebrated Summer) and short reasons why each is desired.

good to know..thank you!

I tend to avoid singles unless I find them used for 25 cents or something....I rarely sit down and play 45s..more of an album guy myself...

I'm picking up my mom this weekend so I will miss RSD....

killsaly

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 03:37:32 pm »
I do not listen to records at home.  100% digital, and usually in my home studio/offices.  I only buy physical releases in a few cases.

1.  I have a friend in the band, or who runs the label, and will buy it to support them (OR, it is one of my favorite bands...).  This can happen online or at shows.  I love getting the LP at a record release show... Ofttimes get it signed...

2.  I really enjoyed a band's set. Sometimes I just buy a t-shirt, but I have over 140 band t-shirts, so sometimes I will instead grab a tape or a 7 inch or LP or CD to support them (or a pin/button or a poster or a patch).  But I am trying to buy less t-shirts, and physical music releases, and am trying to focus on posters at the moment.

3.  Record Store Day (and Cassette Store Day) are the day (s) I go to my local record store, and support them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:45:17 pm by killsaly »

Yada

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 03:45:28 pm »
Who wants to snag me a copy of Hoist?? Will pay pal you immediately and throw in a goodie or two... or three!

killsaly

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »
I will keep an eye out for it for you.  CSR definitely ordered it.

moeszyslak

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 03:48:59 pm »
I do not listen to records at home.  100% digital, and usually in my home studio/offices.  I only buy physical releases in a few cases.

1.  I have a friend in the band, or who runs the label, and will buy it to support them (OR, it is one of my favorite bands...).  This can happen online or at shows.  I love getting the LP at a record release show... Ofttimes get it signed...

2.  I really enjoyed a band's set. Sometimes I just buy a t-shirt, but I have over 140 band t-shirts, so sometimes I will instead grab a tape or a 7 inch or LP or CD to support them (or a pin/button or a poster or a patch).  But I am trying to buy less t-shirts, and physical music releases, and am trying to focus on posters at the moment.

3.  Record Store Day (and Cassette Store Day) are the day (s) I go to my local record store, and support them.

I ended up with too many posters and not enough wall space.  I am currently focused on band beer koozies if available.  Cheap enough and instantly handy keeping my beverage cool.

Yada

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 03:49:38 pm »
I will keep an eye out for it for you.  CSR definitely ordered it.

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 03:56:57 pm »
I am currently focused on band beer koozies if available.  Cheap enough and instantly handy keeping my beverage cool.

picked up a nice one at the Sturgill show last year
slack

killsaly

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 03:57:25 pm »
I ended up with too many posters and not enough wall space.  I am currently focused on band beer koozies if available.  Cheap enough and instantly handy keeping my beverage cool.
Those are fun too.

I rotate my posters every few months.  Or when I get one I really dig.  But usually they go into the poster storage part of my office. 

No problem!

killsaly

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 08:11:20 pm »
Hoist for Yada, and Man Who Sold the World for dyecraig, were the only items that I said I would look for tomorrow?

I will message you guys if I am able to snag copies.

dyecraig

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 09:05:55 pm »
Hoist for Yada, and Man Who Sold the World for dyecraig, were the only items that I said I would look for tomorrow?

I will message you guys if I am able to snag copies.
no, you're awesome.