« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

Re: My opinions on your favorite bands
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 03:15:52 pm »
U2
I was going to post that I did not like them, but then I started counting how much of their catalog that I actually enjoy and have owned over the years...  U2 albums through the Joshua Tree are good.  But, most of the stuff newer than the Joshua Tree that I have heard, I have not liked.  

BUT, "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" is an amazing song and probably my favorite of anything that they have ever done. I would go see them if someone gave me a ticket.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:19:56 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 03:17:44 pm »
Led Zeppelin
nope.

Instant Skip. 
\
I of course meant "skip on my radio dial if they come on", and I was not skipping posting my opinion. 

I do like that cover Stone Temple Pilots did. 

I was once at a festival that Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were performing at, and I decided I would go check them out.  I did not last a whole song, and hightailed it as far out of earshot as I could run on the last day of the festival. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 03:20:04 pm »
The California Raisins
Now, let the record reflect this is a legitimate musical act I wish for you to critique.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »
The California Raisins
Now, let the record reflect this is a legitimate musical act I wish for you to critique.
Freaky.  Scary.  Cannibals. Monsters.  Fuck them.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 03:21:51 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2016, 04:29:03 pm »
Well, they did put out 4 albums.

And shared a label with N.W.A, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Eazy-E, Master P, Snoop Dogg, Silkk the Shocker, Jay-Z, Paris, Mack 10, 504 Boyz, C-Murder, Mia X, Westside Connection, No Limit and Ice-T.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2016, 04:54:44 pm »

killsaly

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 05:02:56 pm »
Well, they did put out 4 albums.

And shared a label with N.W.A, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Eazy-E, Master P, Snoop Dogg, Silkk the Shocker, Jay-Z, Paris, Mack 10, 504 Boyz, C-Murder, Mia X, Westside Connection, No Limit and Ice-T.
I know you didn't post these for my opinion, but here goes...

N.W.A. - I moved to my "hometown" at age 12, and one of the first artists that I was introduced to by my neighbor and lifelong friend was NWA.  It was definitely the hardest thing I had ever heard up to that point.  "Straight Outta Compton" had already been out for years at this point, but it was new to me.  The only hip hop that I really heard before them was the Beastie Boys, the Fat Boys, and Vanilla Ice (maybe a few more).  My family was not really "cool" in terms of music like this, but at least I could listen to it at my friend's house, and his parents were gone plenty.   

Ice Cube - Friday is a good movie.  I tend to enjoy his movie roles, even the ones in bad movies.  His raps are cool, but I never got that into his solo music. 

MC Ren - (see NWA post, no opinion on him other than being in NWA)

Eazy-E - The same friend also introduced me to Eazy.  I dug the sleaze. 

Master P - He was an integral artist to me as a youth/teen in 1990s Louisiana.  I thought it was awesome that Louisiana had this rap scene, and was introduced to a lot of it via random guys at school, and then I would seek out most No Limit releases.  A lot of my friends were really into their music.

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle is a classic.  He was introduced to me by the same friend from above.

Silkk the Shocker - He is ok on a few verses.  He is usually the weakest link on any song that he is featured on.  If he was NOT Master 's little brother, he would have had no success.  His speech impediment really impedes his flow.  Actually, I can only think of one GOOD verse from him.  (edit, this track, 'the Ghetto's Got Me Trapped" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCYvDw5W1gQ is a prime example of why he either should not have been a rapper or maybe should have cut some syllables from his flow)

Jay-Z - I didn't like him when I was younger because I felt the Annie song was corny.  I still really do not like his voice, but I can respect some of his flows.  The Black Album is my go to for him if I had to pick one album that I enjoyed. 

Paris - skip.  Not really sure who this is. 

Mack 10 - No real opinion here...  I really did not get into the west coast stuff that hard minus some of the aforementioned artists.

504 Boyz - I am all about that NOLA shit, what else can I say?  Sadly, my favorite rapper from that label/period, Mac, was arrested for murder soon after their debut was released... Who knows, he was amazing, he could have been big (the first dude rapping on "Wobble Wobble" if you do not know who I am talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi4f8TJoD_0 ).  Silkk basically shits on every song.

C-Murder - I dig him more when he is in Tru, but his solo stuff is cool.  And ANOTHER dude in jail for murder.. WTF No Limit?

Mia X - She is the baddest bitch.  Her parts in "Thinkin' About You" are some of the hardest shit I have ever heard. 

Westside Connection - No opinion.  No thanks.  I did not get into westside shit as stated above. 

No Limit Records - This might be my all time favorite hip hop label and their music in the mid to late 90s is some of my favorite music of all time.

Ice-T - Body Count rules.  I have seen every episode of Law and Order SVU and love his character.  Also he was in Tank Girl. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:16:11 pm by killsaly »

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 07:38:33 pm »
Somehow I left the Geto Boys off that list.  My apologies.
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 07:55:52 pm »
Geto Boys - "Mind Playing Tricks on Me" is a classic track (and the album it is from, We Can't Be Stopped, has an awesome cover and is the only one that I have listened to multiple times).  I am more familiar with Scarface's solo work. 

killsaly

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 11:05:10 pm »
For sidehatch:

I do not want to judge a band based on one live video, but Whitney were really sloppy and had zero groove in the only video I ever saw of them.  Drummer seemed unsure of his singing, and a bit off on his playing. I wish I could remember what the video was... I think it was from them on a tv show.  I kind of dismissed them after seeing that, but am listening to their album right now and enjoying it.

OK not feeling this horn part... Ok so at least one skip song on the album ("Red Moon").  Last song.  This is good.  I am digging it but not sure it would crack my top fifty this year.  Maybe, but there were so many releases that I loved.  Maybe I will listen to this again.  Maybe not.  Maybe I would see them.  Maybe not.  I would definitely walk out of the venue if it sounded like the aforementioned live video.  If I find it I will post it.

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 08:25:02 am »
good to know.  they are playing dc9 on 10/10
Dave's Song is my top pick by them

LVL UP - Pain
now that's a great track (was on the suppop sampler)
slack