Author Topic: 🎸  (Read 18861 times)

killsaly

Re: My opinions on your favorite bands
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 04:31:05 pm »
Have fun!  I will also be at a show that day.

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 09:44:25 pm »
The Clash (already know you answer on this one)

The Runaways

Black Flag (any lead singer, but must specify)

The Specials

NY Dolls
slack

killsaly

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 09:58:21 pm »
I will get back to you.  Did I already post about my distaste for the Clash?

shemptiness

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 11:20:42 pm »
'Tommy' Keene

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 01:44:46 pm »
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle is a classic.  He was introduced to me by the same friend from above.

I have never before heard this Doggystyle classic, which is "free" on Amazon Prime. I have to say, Mr Dogg seems like quite an outstanding boy.  I do appreciate his stylings.

Yada

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 01:49:51 pm »
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle is a classic.  He was introduced to me by the same friend from above.

I have never before heard this Doggystyle classic, which is "free" on Amazon Prime. I have to say, Mr Dogg seems like quite an outstanding boy.  I do appreciate his stylings.

wut?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 01:56:12 pm »
Doggystyle.  Listened for the first time yesterday.  Great album.

Yada

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 02:01:40 pm »
Doggystyle.  Listened for the first time yesterday.  Great album.

Yada

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 03:18:29 pm »
DJ Dog Dick

killsaly

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 03:27:31 pm »
The Runaways
The Specials
NY Dolls
the Clash - They always get skipped when they pop up on SiriusXM.  All of their songs sound corny to me. 
The Runaways - No idea.  I know they were a thing but could not tell you what they sounded like.  I have been meaning to check out the movie.
Black Flag - I have only heard a few of their songs (I was not into 70s or 80s punk...) but did like what i heard.  Frontman would have to go to Henry Rollins.  Not because of the music (I do not know what songs/albums he is on) but because of his acting roles in movies like the underrated the Chase. 
the Specials - I know they are a ska band and people wear their t-shirts.  I did get into ska for a little bit in the late 90s, but it was a short phase and I never made it to the Specials in my sonic adventures.
NY Dolls - I do not know their music but liked the way they dressed.

killsaly

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 03:30:42 pm »
'Tommy' Keene
I am checking him out now... This is fine, not really my style of music, but I can dig it.

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 03:31:07 pm »
The Runaways
The Specials
NY Dolls
the Clash - They always get skipped when they pop up on SiriusXM.  All of their songs sound corny to me. 
The Runaways - No idea.  I know they were a thing but could not tell you what they sounded like.  I have been meaning to check out the movie.
Black Flag - I have only heard a few of their songs (I was not into 70s or 80s punk...) but did like what i heard.  Frontman would have to go to Henry Rollins.  Not because of the music (I do not know what songs/albums he is on) but because of his acting roles in movies like the underrated the Chase. 
the Specials - I know they are a ska band and people wear their t-shirts.  I did get into ska for a little bit in the late 90s, but it was a short phase and I never made it to the Specials in my sonic adventures.
Seriously...you need to know your roots man

the new groups are not concerned, with what there is too be learned
They have Burton Suits, ha you think it's funny, turning rebellion into money
slack

killsaly

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 03:33:33 pm »
DJ Dog Dick
He is the man.  I dig almost everything he has released so far but really am enjoying his current direction.  My favorite album by him would have to be the collaborative album he made with Sewn Leather under the name Dog Leather.. So good.  A +

hutch

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 03:52:28 pm »
The Runaways
The Specials
NY Dolls

pitiful

killsaly

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2016, 03:55:25 pm »
Pitiful?  Is that a band?