Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258336 times)

hutch

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 10:15:41 pm »
it would be great if Chuck Berry made an appearance even just to wave hello... He will not be around much longer....

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 11:01:47 pm »
What if OAR opens The Anthem?

I know for one, Sidehutch would be happy.
yikes I hate OAR more than nickelback
slack

ggw

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:40 pm »
Allegedly there is a pool on top of Anthem and the bottom of said pool is glass, so you can look at people swimming while you take in a show.  Not sure how I feel about this.

hutch

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2017, 05:51:24 pm »
Allegedly there is a pool on top of Anthem and the bottom of said pool is glass, so you can look at people swimming while you take in a show.  Not sure how I feel about this.

seriously? sounds very 70s disco

i assume they will make sure the people swimming are attractive?

rich_WDC

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2017, 09:20:37 am »
Feature story in today's WASH POST on the venue.   The pool is confirmed.   There's pic, too which shows that the upstairs seems to have two smaller stacked levels for better viewing.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2017, 09:55:27 am »
Pool on the roof at Anthem, pools backstage at MPP. . . what's with Seth's sudden obsession with aquatic recreation?

Just spitballing here but what if -- what if!? -- a sequence of events began the night Seth hung out with Hutch leading to Seth digesting several hallucinogenic drugs to dull the pain of the experience. Suppose then the freshly-laced Seth then went back to his home and watched Kevin Smith's film Tusk on Amazon Prime. In his delusional, drug-addled state, the middle-aged Seth then was overcome by a moment of psychedelic bliss while seeing the Cronenbergian body horror tale of the effeminate, coquettish boy-masquerading-as-man that is Justin Long being sadistically transformed into a walrus. What if I were then to posit that through some sort of psychosomatic transference, Seth's brain became rewired to associate that kaleidoscopic euphoria with the hallucinatory fever-dream of himself becoming a walrus, which in turn leads to our millionaire friend using his connections and personal wealth to ensconce his business empire with swimming pools, the perfect habitat for the walrus he is transitioning into. Its the thread on which this entire series of events hangs together, people; read between the lines and its clear as the sharp, baleful incisors Seth betrays with every smile.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:09:54 pm by Julian, Coastal ELITE »
LVMH

hemisphire

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 10:25:29 am »
it would be great if Chuck Berry made an appearance even just to wave hello... He will not be around much longer....

Whoa.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 10:56:25 am »
Pool on the roof at Anthem, pools backstage at MPP. . . what's with Seth's sudden obsession with aquatic recreation?

Just spitballing here but what if -- what if!? -- a sequence of events began the night Seth hung out with Hutch leading to Seth digesting several hallucinogenic drugs to dull the pain of the experience. Suppose then the freshly laced-Seth then went back to his home and watched Kevin Smith's film Tusk on Amazon Prime. In his delusional, drug-addled state, the middle-aged Seth then was overcome by a moment of psychedelic bliss while seeing the Cronenbergian body horror tale of the effeminate, coquettish boy-masquerading-as-man that is Justin Long being sadistically transformed into a walrus. What if I were then to posit that through some sort of psychological transference, Seth's brain became rewired to associate that kaleidoscopic euphoria with the hallucinatory fever-dream of himself becoming a walrus, which in turn leads to our millionaire friend using his connections and personal wealth to ensconce his business empire with swimming pools, the perfect habitat for the walrus he is transitioning into. Its the thread on which this entire series of events hangs together, people; read between the lines and its clear as the sharp, baleful incisors Seth betrays with every smile.

solid A-
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2017, 06:53:35 am »
That was Thirsty Turtle previously, or am I getting my Route 1 frat-infested watering holes mixed up?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2017, 06:56:08 am »
When I think of Anthem, I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqdS9uMkvfM

bearman🐻

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2017, 08:07:50 am »

rich_WDC

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2017, 03:17:25 pm »
Definitely possibly a "D'oh", based on ticket selling for other I.M.P. ventures, but....
It is official that TicketFly will do the tickets for The Anthem, which will open in October still.