Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258334 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Anthem
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2017, 10:27:24 am »
Lets go to the maths. 

EFF THAT.  i'm going to continue being a privileged online douchbag who complains that my favorite musical acts aren't playing my living room for free (back in the day, they paid me to listen to them - sellouts!!!!111)
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2017, 10:28:50 am »
Lets go to the maths. 

EFF THAT.  i'm going to continue being a privileged online douchbag who complains that my favorite musical acts aren't playing my living room for free (back in the day, they paid me to listen to them - sellouts!!!!111)

Pretty early on the west coast to be so angry and trolly. Come back after your coffee.

ggw

« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2017, 10:40:45 am »
I got shut out.  Honestly, I didn't think demand would be so high at this price point. 

DotTheEyes

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2017, 10:44:04 am »
Lets go to the maths. 

I prefer entitled douchebag.

It's no big deal.  I am sure the Anthem is an incredible venue, and I am sure I will end up going every time an artist I love plays their (if I can get tickets, which might be hard for a while).  Just a bit stung, I guess, by how incredibly expensive the first two announced shows are.  But it is fine.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2017, 10:51:06 am »
Lesser artists will command lower fees, and ticket prices should fall to near space levels.

Yada

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2017, 10:53:15 am »
Lesser artists will command lower fees, and ticket prices should fall to near space levels.

I'd imagine "lesser" artists won't play there?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2017, 10:55:13 am »
shut out as well.  Aggravating...said no tix available from the start.  And after constant refreshing occasionally I was able to request 2 tix, only then to be told tix not available.  Oh well.

mekmad

« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2017, 10:55:28 am »
I wonder if QOTSA will be $100 as well.  I checked the other cities but they didn't have prices.  It did look like Royal Blood was the opener in other cities.

Space Freely

« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2017, 10:55:46 am »
Lets go to the maths. 

Dave Grohl's net worth is 225 million. At this point, he should be doing lotteries to randomly play people's living rooms for free as payback to the fans who made him part of the superwealthy, rather than playing $150 shows in oversized clubs.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2017, 10:57:41 am »

I'd imagine "lesser" artists won't play there?

I believe I know what he means.  Right now there is the opening-night extravaganza with arguably the most consistently radio-popular American rock band and a show by a pop superstar who could play the Verizon Center.  If, say, the Bloc Party/Vaccines show at Echostage awhile ago was at the Anthem, is it going to cost 100 to 175 dollars?  Maybe the answer is yes, though.  I don't know.

Yada

« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2017, 10:59:43 am »
I see Modest Mouse is touring and they don't have a DC date... Wouldn't be surprised if they get a date slapped on at The Anthem.

ggw

« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2017, 11:13:21 am »
Lets go to the maths. 

Dave Grohl's net worth is 225 million. At this point, he should be doing lotteries to randomly play people's living rooms for free as payback to the fans who made him part of the superwealthy, rather than playing $150 shows in oversized clubs.

Actually, they did do a lottery to play in people's garages.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/1178808/foo-fighters-to-play-gigs-in-eight-fans-garages

Space Freely

« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2017, 11:39:00 am »
Lets go to the maths. 

Actually, they did do a lottery to play in people's garages.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/1178808/foo-fighters-to-play-gigs-in-eight-fans-garages

That's nice, but by playing people's garages aren't they singling out people who are wealthy enough to have actually have a garage?

hutch

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2017, 01:28:52 pm »
it wasn't really a lottery.. i know cause i had been talking to a friend with a garage about trying to enter the competition for the DC area show... it was like "Decorate your garage.. show us your Foos love and what the place will look like and we'll pick the best one and play that place"... my friend unfortunately couldn't get his garage act together and we didn't enter.. ended up being some farmhouse in maryland I think...I thought it was a pretty cool contest...

notme

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2017, 02:43:46 pm »
is it too late to change the name of the venue?