Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258434 times)

JohnnyBaconbitz

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #585 on: October 09, 2017, 02:15:31 pm »
I was expecting a big name act, but ultimately the star of the evening was the venue itself.  Kinks to be worked out, sure.  But that's
the purpose of the soft openings - figure out what doesn't work and fix it before the grand opening.

The sound from the balcony seats was a bit muddy - I couldn't make out the vocals until I moved to the center rear. Moved up front for Bat Fangs and was super glad I did.  Charging and signing for each beer seems a hassle.  I wonder if that will change.

We paid the $25 to park in the garage.  Tons of cars parked on the street in the no parking zones.  Not sure what's up with that. Even with the relatively early ending metro was not an option afterwards (I don't think).

I parked across the street and got a $30 ticket.  There were no signs either way.  Good ole DC...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #586 on: October 09, 2017, 02:19:29 pm »
Looks like my Tuesday night guest got a better deal; So i have an extra for Tuesday's soft open...

« Reply #587 on: October 09, 2017, 03:32:58 pm »
I know this doesn't help anyone else...but 15 mins door to door for me with a lyft!
think I might bike there some nights
slack

dyecraig

« Reply #588 on: October 09, 2017, 03:56:49 pm »

it was fun seeing dycraig, but somehow missed all the other boardies
(I was with hutch, so that tends to scare people away ;) )

ha-ha! great to see you too and the local legends playing, but for me the musical highlight was watching kid congo and ian svenonious bopping around up there on stage spinning those floor fillers!

hutch

« Reply #589 on: October 09, 2017, 04:20:23 pm »
Well i do think the high point was during the djs because everybody had walked in and was looking around at the place and each other like CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE THIS PLACE!!!!! and thinking to themselves "so how MUCH fun can I have in this place???!!"

hutch

« Reply #590 on: October 09, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »
I am sad my concertgoing compadre Randy Smith- who must have attended IMP events in the 1000s- did not live to see it...he would have gone bananas..we used to talk all the time about the need for such a place...

of course That Guy, who I did not know personally, also came to mind...

Yada

« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2017, 05:49:51 pm »
Are any of the fine dining establishments near by open yet?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »
just found out that I can't make tomorrow...
T.Rex

saintangelsin

« Reply #593 on: October 09, 2017, 06:26:56 pm »
My friend who works for IMP told me that I don’t want to miss tomorrow night. I’ll be honest, I’m a bit under the weather. I’m worried about parking. The 2.5 hour drive just doesn’t sound sexy at the moment specially since I have to leave work earlier, but considering that my friend who works for IMP is one of the main photographers and is fucking awesome, and she told me that I’d be silly to miss tomorrow’s soft opening, I’m thinking the surprise has got to be awesome. Any guesses???

just found out that I can't make tomorrow...

No!!! I was hoping you’d be there. I’m going either with my mom or my sister.

Looks like my Tuesday night guest got a better deal; So i have an extra for Tuesday's soft open...

Okay, if my mom and sister both want to go, could you help a lady out? Just figured I’d ask.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #594 on: October 09, 2017, 08:00:36 pm »
OMG I wish  I could go! What if I could go?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #595 on: October 09, 2017, 08:07:31 pm »
yeah, wish i had gotten tickets for tuesday....ohhh well

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #596 on: October 09, 2017, 08:08:09 pm »
yeah, wish i had gotten tickets for tuesday....ohhh well

We should get tickets!

joeposh

« Reply #597 on: October 09, 2017, 08:18:25 pm »
For whatever reason, I haven't been getting FwB emails for a while now, so I totally missed out on the soft open tickets. If anyone winds up with an extra for Tuesday, I would be extremely grateful. Even if it's last minute, I can make it work.

Glad to hear such glowing impressions of the venue. I can't wait to see it for myself.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #598 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:49 pm »
Hey now. OG grateful beats out extremely grateful.

lily1

« Reply #599 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:48 pm »
so is it andrew wk, trouble funk, rare essence, thievery corporation or the same bands that played last night that will grace the stage tomorrow night?