Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258258 times)

BrettnotBritt

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #660 on: October 11, 2017, 09:45:41 am »
Man, after reading these reports I can't wait until LCD next week. Bravo to Seth and co!

Bags

« Reply #661 on: October 11, 2017, 10:08:14 am »
Yah...charging after each transaction was/is (?) interesting......i wonder if it would lead to people spending less..

Have to say i got my beers super quick
I didn't bother on Sunday, but what about getting FwB credit after each transaction??  I spend a lot of cash-ish at the bar.  Though, with my thousands of points, I didn't get the iHeardRadio invite.  Not that I'm a Foo fan or anything.  ;P

bearman🐻

« Reply #662 on: October 11, 2017, 10:11:56 am »
Yah...charging after each transaction was/is (?) interesting......i wonder if it would lead to people spending less..

I didn't bother on Sunday, but what about getting FwB credit after each transaction??  I spend a lot of cash-ish at the bar.  Though, with my thousands of points, I didn't get the iHeardRadio invite.  Not that I'm a Foo fan or anything.  ;P

I didn't either. It's funny, I used to get a ton of FWB stuff. Not anymore.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #663 on: October 11, 2017, 10:12:22 am »
Another highlight from Sunday (via dyecraig)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #664 on: October 11, 2017, 10:13:20 am »

I didn't bother on Sunday, but what about getting FwB credit after each transaction?? 

The bartender I went to had no idea that was even a thing.  Deer in the headlights moment.

hemisphire

« Reply #665 on: October 11, 2017, 10:19:02 am »
Anyone have a hi-res seating chart? The one on Ticketfly sucks for figuring out where the seat #s are.

https://parklifedc.com/2017/07/18/around-town-super-excellent-seats-the-anthem-starting-101217/

Bags

« Reply #666 on: October 11, 2017, 10:38:46 am »
I'm debating how early to get in line for Foo Fighters.
I'm getting kind of antsy about getting an email with instructions, times, etc.  I work, and just got Trumped at work, so things are chaotic and I need to plan!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #667 on: October 11, 2017, 10:53:32 am »
If you got an FWB extra for FoofAnthem thing for tonight, Wednesday, I would happily be your guest.

Yada

« Reply #668 on: October 11, 2017, 11:22:53 am »
Does anyone with more knowledge than myself know/understand how a club capacity that drastically changes from 2,500 people to 6,000 people handles ticket sales?

For example, someone like Foo Fighters obviously sets the bar at 6,000 tickets and you go from there in hopes of it easily selling out?

On the other hand, bands like say War on Drugs or Kurt Vile who in my opinion would probably be lucky to sell 3,000 tickets, do they set that # in advance or just hope for number XXX and when they get there they say it's sold out?

TIA.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #669 on: October 11, 2017, 11:26:20 am »
I would assume for the purposes of negotiating the band's pay, both the band's reps and the venue have a pretty good idea around how many tickets a band will sell. (If they don't, they are bad at their job.) They then use the capacity number that most closely slots to that estimated ticket sales range.
LVMH

groovehog_bmf

« Reply #670 on: October 11, 2017, 11:55:02 am »
Assume they will sell as many up to capacity given in the contract / seating config on the floor (if any) and move the  stage ala 930 appropriately...

Does anyone with more knowledge than myself know/understand how a club capacity that drastically changes from 2,500 people to 6,000 people handles ticket sales?

For example, someone like Foo Fighters obviously sets the bar at 6,000 tickets and you go from there in hopes of it easily selling out?

On the other hand, bands like say War on Drugs or Kurt Vile who in my opinion would probably be lucky to sell 3,000 tickets, do they set that # in advance or just hope for number XXX and when they get there they say it's sold out?

TIA.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:59:18 am by groovehog_bmf »
"All Looks Are Not Alike, All Holes Are Not A Crack" -G. Clinton

Yada

« Reply #671 on: October 11, 2017, 11:59:55 am »
Assume they will sell as many up to capacity given in the contract / seating config on the floor (if any) and move the  stage ala 930 appropriately...

TIA.

I get that... but at some point, do they just say, "'let's not sell anymore tickets for Phil Lesh because it's a bad booking and we'll say it's sold out."

Bags

« Reply #672 on: October 11, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »
The club is beautiful, there are great sight lines from just about everywhere, it feels like the 9:30 Club but is of course mammoth, and the staph is fantastic.  I'm thrilled.  I realize a soft opening is *specifically* to find out about and work out the bugs, so, the handsoap dispensers did not work at all.  And the food window was pretty chaotic.  And, no cell service to speak of. 

But I am grateful of the many I.M.P. venues that I love, in this city that I love!

Foo tomorrow will be a shit show, but I'm sure I've experienced worse.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #673 on: October 11, 2017, 12:21:33 pm »
I think the food issue is a problem they may not solve right away. We ordered within 15 minutes of opening and waited until 7:30. The orders, when they came up,  were in a totally random fashion. Added to the mess was the fact that they have no way of announcing which orders have come up.

I think it'll interesting to see how the bars on the main floor handle a capacity crowd. Hoping for the best! 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #674 on: October 11, 2017, 12:55:56 pm »
The system that sent the orders from the registers to the kitchen was down. It's tough to manage that manually if youre not used to it.