Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258390 times)

Yada

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #735 on: October 13, 2017, 09:57:20 am »
Eddie Vedder to sit in with Foo post cubs game... spotted on the wharf earlier

What songs did they do?

My sources tell me the game went too late for Eddie to show up in time.

wml7

« Reply #736 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:12 am »
Eddie Vedder to sit in with Foo post cubs game... spotted on the wharf earlier

What songs did they do?

I don't think Eddie did any songs, sound like a Julian story
 ;D

wml7

« Reply #737 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:31 am »
So for all that went last night how was the show?  How late did they play till and were people able to get to the metro on time or did people have to leave to catch it?
 ;D

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #738 on: October 13, 2017, 11:33:50 am »
Show ended at about 12:15.  No Vedder...Cubs/Nats game was in the 8th inning when show ended.

Also Foos were great...and as everyone said, the venue is beautiful...sound was excellent.  I didn't get food or drinks (sorry Seth), but it seems that they have a few kinks to work out as far as service time.  I heard a lot of people complaining about the amount it took to get drinks.

My only concern is the long lines for entry into the venue.  I know there was additional ticket scrutiny last night, but if the entry lines are that long for most shows, then entry in the cold of winter, and on hot humid summer days, may be a hassle.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:43:25 am by jeffml »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #739 on: October 13, 2017, 01:16:08 pm »
Food service attempt #2.  The cash registers were properly transmitting orders to the kitchen last night, but they still haven't quite figured out how to get the food to the people.  This system isn't working.  I finally got mine when somebody from the kitchen came out into the crowd, took my receipt, and found my food on the counter.  My number was not listed on the whiteboard, so more than likely, I was given somebody else's food that matched my order.  Fixed my problem, but I'm sure caused major headaches down the line...

There were about 40 orders on the counter that they couldn't match to their owners.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:23:28 pm by excontradiction »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #740 on: October 13, 2017, 01:19:10 pm »
Oh, and I have no idea what Metro did with the extra $100K last night, but there was exactly 1 train to Glenmont between 11:30 and 12:30.  And that was at 12:30.

hutch

« Reply #741 on: October 13, 2017, 01:34:23 pm »
I know! I had to wait 30 minutes fir my train...just grateful to get home but didnt need to see cubs fan gloating

Bags

« Reply #742 on: October 13, 2017, 01:39:04 pm »
PS, with the heads up about the mermaid, saw her swimming up in the pool as we entered.  SUPER fun.

Yada

« Reply #743 on: October 13, 2017, 02:18:33 pm »
WHO EATS DINNER AT A ROCK SHOW?

If you expect food service at a sold out, max capacity show, on opening night to be a priority, you're greatly mistaken!

GIMMIE SOME TENDERS AND A SOFT PRETZEL.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #744 on: October 13, 2017, 02:24:00 pm »
Erm...I had a hot dog.  I wasn't expecting a macadamia-crusted dover sole filet with asparagus and a satiny gribiche.  The venue offered food, I ordered food, they had trouble producing...food.  If you had ordered your tenders, you'd still be waiting for them.

Bags

« Reply #745 on: October 13, 2017, 04:19:17 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #746 on: October 13, 2017, 04:26:54 pm »
Food service attempt #2.  The cash registers were properly transmitting orders to the kitchen last night, but they still haven't quite figured out how to get the food to the people.  This system isn't working.  I finally got mine when somebody from the kitchen came out into the crowd, took my receipt, and found my food on the counter.  My number was not listed on the whiteboard, so more than likely, I was given somebody else's food that matched my order.  Fixed my problem, but I'm sure caused major headaches down the line...

in the finest tradition of under-informed blowhards such as Trump and Julian, i'm going to take all the credit for this:

I think the food issue is a problem they may not solve right away. We ordered within 15 minutes of opening and waited until 7:30. The orders, when they came up,  were in a totally random fashion. Added to the mess was the fact that they have no way of announcing which orders have come up.

seems to me that that last part could be solved with a $10 whiteboard. 
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #747 on: October 13, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »
in the finest tradition of [. . .] Julian, i'm going to . . .
Julian, beloved local INSPIRATION
LVMH

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #748 on: October 13, 2017, 05:17:33 pm »
food service definitely needs work

we'll get there

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #749 on: October 13, 2017, 05:47:48 pm »
:) thanks - I'll keep trying!