Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258277 times)

hutch

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #765 on: October 17, 2017, 02:29:10 pm »
People are being "wanded", tickets scanned and IDs checked...you can imagine people cleaning out pockets etc...and because the entrance is on the waterfront there really isnt more space to have additional lines...

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #766 on: October 17, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »
People are being "wanded", tickets scanned and IDs checked...you can imagine people cleaning out pockets etc...and because the entrance is on the waterfront there really isnt more space to have additional lines...

So why are the wanding people at Anthem but not at 9:30?

gloriaabortion

« Reply #767 on: October 17, 2017, 02:52:40 pm »

So why are the wanding people at Anthem but not at 9:30?
I was wanded at 9:30 on Friday.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #768 on: October 17, 2017, 02:53:37 pm »
I was wanded at 9:30 on Friday.
Show us on the doll where the President "wanded" you. . .
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #769 on: October 17, 2017, 03:12:28 pm »
also everyone gets a wrist band or a stamp...  so you got wanding, ticketscan, ID check, wrist band... with 90% of people coming in through the waterside you can imagine it takes time to get 5000 people+ in...

so you're really best advised to come early and i don't mean half an hour early i mean way earlier... now I guess as has been stated they are working on the kinks and its going to get better..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #770 on: October 17, 2017, 03:17:28 pm »
So you can stand in line for an hour before they start processing people, or you can stand in line for an hour once they start.  If you don't care about the opening act, just come at 8:30.  The line should be gone by then, yes?

hutch

« Reply #771 on: October 17, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »
So you can stand in line for an hour before they start processing people, or you can stand in line for an hour once they start.  If you don't care about the opening act, just come at 8:30.  The line should be gone by then, yes?

no.. the line will be at close to peak then i'm guessing.. you won't get in for a good while.. and will miss the first part of the main act.. main acts seem to go on about 9-915.. first act seems to go on at 8.. set break 8:45-915ish...

basically you got to imagine its going to get better and more smooth as staff gets better and people begin to know they can't expect to come in like at the 930 club and walk in with a 2 minute wait.. right now i think a lot of people are arriving at the same time...but i could be wrong...but for your first show i would not chance it and i would get there early..

hutch

« Reply #772 on: October 17, 2017, 03:21:32 pm »
right now the line process is basically like at an airport..security is a bigger concern these days at venues given recent events.. I'm sure it is going to get better but make the necessary adjustments particularly for a sold out show... if you're planning to have that one last drink before heading over and then waltz on in.. well, it ain't going to happen.. not at the moment based on what I have seen...

Yada

« Reply #773 on: October 17, 2017, 03:26:40 pm »
your hutchesty,

after a few shows under your belt, is everything truly sold out (6,000 tickets) or do some appear to be less sold out than others?

Thanks in advance.

hutch

« Reply #774 on: October 17, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »
Are you saying the website listed shows other than the Foos on opening night as sold out?

The Foo Fighters opening night was a sold out show.

I note the Super Excellent Seats are pretty much always sold out.

I was there last night for Phoenix as a patron...I had a great time..not sure much more to say...

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #775 on: October 17, 2017, 03:30:58 pm »
right now the line process is basically like at an airport..security is a bigger concern these days at venues given recent events.. I'm sure it is going to get better but make the necessary adjustments particularly for a sold out show... if you're planning to have that one last drink before heading over and then waltz on in.. well, it ain't going to happen.. not at the moment based on what I have seen...

Sorry, this is bullshit. You shouldn't have to wait in line for an hour to get processed for a show. This isn't the fucking airport, it's not a fucking federal facility and it's not a sports stadium. It's a mid sized concert venue. There is no reason to not have an issue like this at Anthem but not 930.

Fuck security theater.

Yada

« Reply #776 on: October 17, 2017, 03:39:35 pm »
Are you saying the website listed shows other than the Foos on opening night as sold out?

The Foo Fighters opening night was a sold out show.

I note the Super Excellent Seats are pretty much always sold out.

I was there last night for Phoenix as a patron...I had a great time..not sure much more to say...

I have no idea hutch... was just curious if it's butts to nuts™ packed or if there is something breathing room in there.

my apologies.

Yada

« Reply #777 on: October 17, 2017, 03:40:10 pm »

Sorry, this is bullshit. You shouldn't have to wait in line for an hour to get processed for a show. This isn't the fucking airport, it's not a fucking federal facility and it's not a sports stadium. It's a mid sized concert venue. There is no reason to not have an issue like this at Anthem but not 930.

Fuck security theater.

I'd much prefer a bit of a wait to get in vs. being shot up by some pscyho, but that's just me.

hutch

« Reply #778 on: October 17, 2017, 03:41:31 pm »
Oh no prob...shows have not been that packed...i was moving around a lot...but none of the shows after foos sold out

hutch

« Reply #779 on: October 17, 2017, 04:04:31 pm »
Well I am just telling you the security means you have to budget, at this point, more time...not passing judgment but I will say all these concert and club event incidents (to put it mildly) have to give one pause