Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258162 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Anthem
« Reply #795 on: October 18, 2017, 12:09:04 am »
I've always had a helpful security stapher put the wristband on for me. But it doesn't seem mandatory that you enter after going through screening. Couldn't I go to the Brixton to enjoy a sub-$10 beverage?

hutch

« Reply #796 on: October 18, 2017, 01:09:32 am »
What happened with metro??

K8teebug

« Reply #797 on: October 18, 2017, 08:53:38 am »
For it being on the water, they really should put the wristbands on for you. The ground was littered with the sticker backings. But, that's my only complaint. Super efficient system getting in, even with the wanding. Awesome venue. Stood in the back and had plenty of room to move around last night.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #798 on: October 18, 2017, 09:34:54 am »
Third time I’ve deigned The Anthem with my presence: third fantastic crowd turn out. Wondering when Seth will be mailing out my appearance fee.
LVMH

medeski7

« Reply #799 on: October 18, 2017, 09:35:52 am »
Last night was my first visit to the new spot.  Lots of things to be happy about.  The sound, sight lines and layout are all great.  The garage was kind of a clusterfuck.  Tons of people waiting in line to pay their exit tickets, lots of people circling for spots with no parking available close to show time, and no street parking to be seen. 

I have two gripes.  First, the line to get a drink was ridiculous.  It took 30 minutes to get a round of drinks pre-show.  It still took 10 minutes during the peak of the show.  That's a really long wait for some beers.  People were nursing their drinks as slowly as possible to avoid that line. 

Second, the water fountains are awesome for those non-drinkers.  However, the one near us was not working properly.  It was the one on the opposite end of the the venue from the main entrance on the main floor.  One side worked fine, the other you would push as hard as possible and barely anything would come out.  This resulted in a big line for the one working water fountain to get water refills.  Hopefully that's an easy fix.

I noticed that store bought soap dispensers were placed in the bathrooms.  It prevented a backup at the sinks from people trying to use the auto dispensers.  Looks like someone is listening to the feedback from the fans. 

Can't wait to go back.  All in all, it was a great experience.  I feel lucky to have this venue in our city.   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:08:13 am by medeski7 »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #800 on: October 18, 2017, 09:47:37 am »
What were the set times for LCD last night?
(o|o)

medeski7

« Reply #801 on: October 18, 2017, 10:08:38 am »

One long set.  LCD went on at 9:10.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #802 on: October 18, 2017, 10:22:01 am »
Tip---yes, the first floor bars have long lines. The second and third probably did not have as long of lines as there are fewer people up there.

Auto water faucets in mens rooms are still a huge pain.

Not nearly enough wifi coverage. Don't offer it if you won't provide enough.

Glad to see beer prices listed. Seth should also do this at 930.

I would like to know how much he pays out in CC fees with all the one time swiping going on during shows.

Saw a lot of progress laat night from the first soft opening. And of course the sound was great and james was mind blowing, though I'm pissed he played an extra new song instead of us vs them.

hutch

« Reply #803 on: October 18, 2017, 10:43:06 am »
By new song you mean the one James said they were playing live for first time?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #804 on: October 18, 2017, 10:48:52 am »
I didn't mind that they played new songs instead of older stuff.  Setlist was awesome. 

Definitely one of the best sounding LCDSS shows I've seen.

(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #805 on: October 18, 2017, 11:24:45 am »
By new song you mean the one James said they were playing live for first time?

No, just in general all the new songs. I expect bands to play new songs but he's only got a few albums and I'm not paying $65 to hear new songs. I want to hear Us vs Them.

Sorry for being ungrateful.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #806 on: October 18, 2017, 11:26:29 am »
Again, the District really needs to figure out how to improve pedestrian infrastructure between the Anthem and L'Enfant Plaza. It's a disaster, especially after 5,000 people descend upon the area.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #807 on: October 18, 2017, 12:45:34 pm »

Thanks -- no opener?
(o|o)

medeski7

« Reply #808 on: October 18, 2017, 12:47:05 pm »

Thanks -- no opener?

There was a DJ from 8:00 to 9:00.  No other opener.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #809 on: October 18, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »
that DJ was terrible  >:(
(_|_)