Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258347 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #840 on: October 19, 2017, 01:00:33 pm »
A drunk dude once smashed his bottle over my forehead at a 9:30 Cracker/Camper show, requiring multiple stitches after five or six hours of being ignored at Howard Hospital.

Count me in favor of plastic cups.

I think that says more about you than about the presence of beer bottles at a show.  Didn't you once get in a fight with a mime in Paris?

He was harassing my wife. I was defending her. And it was in Siena. Keep your details straight or you lose credibility.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:02:19 pm by Space Freely »

hutch

« Reply #841 on: October 19, 2017, 01:17:21 pm »
I have been to 100s of shows at 930. Never a bottle incident...could it happen? Yes...

Sorry for that experience space..horrible

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #842 on: October 19, 2017, 01:22:53 pm »
That sucks, Space.

I prefer bottled beer but am happy with a cup for safety factors. A dropped bottle from the 3rd floor might do a lot of damage.

Yada

« Reply #843 on: October 19, 2017, 01:23:39 pm »
Like I said... they should have dozens of babes around giant iced tubs of terrible canned beer. Sell the for $5 a can, cash only.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #844 on: October 19, 2017, 01:26:21 pm »
I do recall waiting outside for an ambulance and among others ThatGuy offered comforting words. The only meaningful interaction I ever had with him, he just seemed to know what to say.
Is it true that the wound healed itself once subjected to ThatGuy's warm gaze?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #845 on: October 19, 2017, 01:36:31 pm »
I do recall waiting outside for an ambulance and among others ThatGuy offered comforting words. The only meaningful interaction I ever had with him, he just seemed to know what to say.

James Ford would have made a snarky reply to this but Space will keep it snark free.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #846 on: October 19, 2017, 01:36:55 pm »
So you want LONGER beer lines? not passing judgment on selling bottles...just saying think of the tradeoffs..

You're kidding, right? It takes 5 seconds to pour a bottled beer into a plastic cup.

bearman🐻

« Reply #847 on: October 19, 2017, 01:37:48 pm »

James Ford would have made a snarky reply to this but Space will keep it snark free.

Sorry you went through that. That's a pretty bizarre incident. Just curious, what show was it?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #848 on: October 19, 2017, 01:38:10 pm »
100% in disagreement here.  Plastic cups lead to spills.  Bottles have been used at 9:30 for forever without issue.  I loved that I could get bottled beer last night.  The number of bottles left after the show was pretty small considering the size of the crowd.  People are generally pretty thoughtful with this.

You know what? Risking beer spillage is a fact of life at shows, but it's really not that difficult to prevent beer spillage.

Space Freely

« Reply #849 on: October 19, 2017, 01:38:19 pm »
can we make a thread of all the things that have happened to James Ford at the club

Before you do, the Bob Mould story was just a joke. But the Cracker bottle story and the story about the guy biting my ass at the DBT show are both true.

Space Freely

« Reply #850 on: October 19, 2017, 01:41:27 pm »

Sorry you went through that. That's a pretty bizarre incident. Just curious, what show was it?

9/15/2000

http://www.mtv.com/news/1427560/cracker-taps-ex-camper-van-beethoven-members-for-tour/

ggw

« Reply #851 on: October 19, 2017, 01:45:06 pm »
...the guy biting my ass at the DBT show...

Did you have to pay extra for that?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #852 on: October 19, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »
can we make a thread of all the things that have happened to James Ford at the club
We need a TAN thread for all of the shows that James Ford has claimed to have attended at Black Cat.
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #853 on: October 19, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »
Listen to the fun police trying to ban bottles.

I once saw a trashcan full of empty cups bottles etc thrown over the balcony onto a packed  floor at the club.  Point being, if people gonna get crazy they gonna get crazy. 

Space Freely

« Reply #854 on: October 19, 2017, 02:04:24 pm »
Listen to the fun police trying to ban bottles.

I once saw a trashcan full of empty cups bottles etc thrown over the balcony onto a packed  floor at the club.  Point being, if people gonna get crazy they gonna get crazy.

You sound like a gun rights advocate, Mr. North Carolina.  ;)