Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258296 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Anthem
« Reply #915 on: October 24, 2017, 12:35:09 pm »
Bring on Phil Lesh!
Let's not and say we did.
LVMH

notme

« Reply #916 on: October 24, 2017, 02:18:27 pm »
will there be nitrous ballons outside the phil lesh show?

Yada

« Reply #917 on: October 24, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »
Bring on Phil Lesh!
Let's not and say we did.

I am interested to hear his hutchesty's feedback on the Lesh show... My guess they didn't even sell 2,500 tickets to that clunker.

hutch

« Reply #918 on: October 24, 2017, 03:29:06 pm »
Phil a clunker?

Yada

« Reply #919 on: October 24, 2017, 03:45:16 pm »
Phil a clunker?

Absolutely. Did you see the bar band that's backing him? Have you listened to Phil in the past 20 years?

mdphunk

« Reply #920 on: October 24, 2017, 03:54:40 pm »

Figuring out how to chase those scumbags away would be one of the best contributions IMP could make to the local music scene.

« Reply #921 on: October 24, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »

Figuring out how to chase those scumbags away would be one of the best contributions IMP could make to the local music scene.
so you are talking about the phil lesh fans...right?
slack

hutch

« Reply #922 on: October 24, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »
Admittedly I have not seen Phil Lesh band in a long time but when I saw him thought it was pretty great..its crapdog and mr short shorts I have issues with

i imagine the show will do very well but phil is like 77 so  you go in knowing it is prob the last dc phil show

mdphunk

« Reply #923 on: October 25, 2017, 11:01:05 am »
Admittedly I have not seen Phil Lesh band in a long time but when I saw him thought it was pretty great..its crapdog and mr short shorts I have issues with

i imagine the show will do very well but phil is like 77 so  you go in knowing it is prob the last dc phil show

Since he doesn't tour any more, I'm assuming this is his last DC show and seeing him on that basis alone. Phil's bands have been the best of the post-Jerry projects. At least he plays the songs at a non-sleepy tempo.

Yada

« Reply #924 on: October 25, 2017, 11:02:35 am »

Since he doesn't tour any more, I'm assuming this is his last DC show and seeing him on that basis alone. Phil's bands have been the best of the post-Jerry projects. At least he plays the songs at a non-sleepy tempo.

No clue how you could say Phil's bar band is better than Dead and Co.

hutch

« Reply #925 on: October 25, 2017, 12:09:25 pm »

This is the way I have always seen it...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #926 on: October 25, 2017, 12:15:51 pm »
Also, why do so many people in DC leave shows early?

wmata?
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #927 on: October 25, 2017, 02:04:30 pm »
Also, why do so many people in DC leave shows early?

wmata?
Can confirm.
LVMH

mdphunk

« Reply #928 on: October 25, 2017, 02:56:38 pm »

No clue how you could say Phil's bar band is better than Dead and Co.

I haven't heard the lineup that's playing tonight, so I can't judge them yet. Dead and Co. is pretty good though, even if they Bobby-ize the tempos.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #929 on: October 25, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »