Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258206 times)

brusie

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #930 on: October 25, 2017, 05:45:50 pm »

- Entry process was different and way more efficient. I don't know if this is a permanent change or just something reserved for smaller shows, but I thought it was a big improvement.

Can I ask what time you got in line?  In my experience, the Foo Fighters line moved much more quickly than Monday night's lines did.   On Monday I arrived at 8:41 and finally got my wristband on at 9:11.  Such a buzzkill to start the show waiting in line that long and then missing the first few songs.  Maybe I arrived too late, but my guess was War On Drugs was starting at 9:15, and unfortunately I was 15 minutes off.  At least it was a nice night out.

There are three doors at the main entrance but they were only using two to let people in.  I saw Seth standing with security in front of the unused third one as I finally made my way in.  If they used that door too, that should theoretically let people in 50% faster.  Probably not ideal to have several hundred people still waiting in line when the headliner goes on.  I'm sure they'll keep working out the kinks over time.

Once inside, I agree with others in that it was great having some space to move around, while still feeling like we could get relatively close. 

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #931 on: October 25, 2017, 08:56:00 pm »
Also, why do so many people in DC leave shows early?

wmata?
Can confirm.

Last mid-week train at Waterfront is ~ 11:33. Last Greenbelt train at L'Enfant is ~11:44. And that's for those only hopping Greenbelt trains.

« Reply #932 on: October 26, 2017, 08:52:37 am »
There are three doors at the main entrance but they were only using two to let people in.  I
my understanding is that is the entrance for people with the 'super awesome seats'
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #933 on: October 26, 2017, 08:57:05 am »
There are three doors at the main entrance but they were only using two to let people in.  I
my understanding is that is the entrance for people with the 'super awesome seats'
Can confirm.
LVMH

medeski7

« Reply #934 on: October 26, 2017, 09:24:22 am »
Any info. floating around about Clutch/Primus set times?  Trying to see Clutch and grab dinner out. 

hutch

« Reply #935 on: October 26, 2017, 09:58:15 am »
Almost all shows seem to doors open 630..first band on at 8....but this could be different..

Edit: ticket page says doors 630 show at 8
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:01:09 am by hutch »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #936 on: October 26, 2017, 10:10:31 am »
Any info. floating around about Clutch/Primus set times?  Trying to see Clutch and grab dinner out.
Seth says you don't need to know.
LVMH

medeski7

« Reply #937 on: October 26, 2017, 11:59:50 am »
I'm aware what Seth says.  I'm not really into standing around doing nothing for over an hour while I could get a nice dinner. 

Primus has been playing for about 1.5 hours.  Not sure if that helps with the set time though.  Is there a standard end time for The Anthem?

mdphunk

« Reply #938 on: October 26, 2017, 03:29:30 pm »

- Entry process was different and way more efficient. I don't know if this is a permanent change or just something reserved for smaller shows, but I thought it was a big improvement.

Can I ask what time you got in line?  In my experience, the Foo Fighters line moved much more quickly than Monday night's lines did.   On Monday I arrived at 8:41 and finally got my wristband on at 9:11.  Such a buzzkill to start the show waiting in line that long and then missing the first few songs.  Maybe I arrived too late, but my guess was War On Drugs was starting at 9:15, and unfortunately I was 15 minutes off.  At least it was a nice night out.

There are three doors at the main entrance but they were only using two to let people in.  I saw Seth standing with security in front of the unused third one as I finally made my way in.  If they used that door too, that should theoretically let people in 50% faster.  Probably not ideal to have several hundred people still waiting in line when the headliner goes on.  I'm sure they'll keep working out the kinks over time.

Once inside, I agree with others in that it was great having some space to move around, while still feeling like we could get relatively close.

I was in line at 8:00 on Monday and inside within 5 minutes. There were probably 30-40 people in line ahead of me.

I should add that when I mentioned that the entry process was more efficient, I was talking about the actual process of getting wanded, ticket scanned, ID'd, and wristbanded. Last night's Phil Lesh show was a little less so because I was handed my wristband again instead of having someone put it on for me. Otherwise, entry was smooth (no line at all when I showed up at 7:45, though Phil had started already).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:37:59 pm by mdphunk »

hutch

« Reply #939 on: November 05, 2017, 12:18:26 pm »
The dance shows so far are best...the individuality of people is so cool and the sound and visuals state of the art...last night at griz who i had never heard of just a great vibe..people having so much fun while being themselves and cutting loose

hutch

« Reply #940 on: November 05, 2017, 12:20:59 pm »
As far as letting peoplein i was workin door last night..trust me i felt the pressure to work well and fast..it is a big deal...i think staff is getting better and faster at it...

hutch

« Reply #941 on: November 05, 2017, 12:24:33 pm »
Yesterday was a young crowd...95% of tix on cell phones.. #1 time hold up is people not initially having screen bright enough to allow tix scan

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #942 on: November 05, 2017, 12:55:21 pm »
Shins was a good show on Thursday.
Crowd was very chatty though, and so many chatterers in a cavernous room on the quieter songs was a challenge.

hutch

« Reply #943 on: November 05, 2017, 04:43:55 pm »
The Outfield???

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #944 on: November 05, 2017, 09:48:48 pm »
The Outfield???
\\

Yes
Josie's indeed on a vacation far away at most Shins shows.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 10:10:57 pm by challenged »