Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 262671 times)

lily1

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #1005 on: January 01, 2018, 05:55:18 pm »
i was actually surprised at the amount of weed at the show. i fully expected the staph to go through the crowd and ask patrons to hold off until later when they are in their own homes where it's legal, rather than in the venue where it's technically illegal.  but i only saw the staph in the crowd when some of the crowd surfing took place during gogol bordello.

i also was surprised at the amount of joints being passed around to any one who wanted some from a bunch of different patrons.  including folks lighting up, taking a toke and asking the person in front of them to pass it forward to whomever wanted some.  maybe it was just the part of the venue where we were but there was no way to avoid a contact high. kinda amusing.

but yeah, you have a point. it is a distinct contrast between those two populations and other patrons' reactions.

Yada

« Reply #1006 on: January 02, 2018, 02:52:11 pm »
i was actually surprised at the amount of weed at the show. i fully expected the staph to go through the crowd and ask patrons to hold off until later when they are in their own homes where it's legal, rather than in the venue where it's technically illegal.   

Good to hear... nothing like a bunch of goons ripping patrons out of a venue for a few puffs.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1007 on: January 02, 2018, 02:53:41 pm »
I assume there is some kind of liability issue, though.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1008 on: January 02, 2018, 06:32:02 pm »
I’ll be glad to give a more in-depth review tomorrow but I had a totally opposite experience at Thievery Corporation. Horribly executed event. Seth should spend less time stroking his ego by being terrible on drums and more fixing the operational nightmare that is The Anthem. Will not be attending again for quite some time.

It wasn’t even close to full and it’s still a total shitshow.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1009 on: January 02, 2018, 06:47:12 pm »
Whoa!

hutch

« Reply #1010 on: January 03, 2018, 12:48:53 am »
Thievery sounded great...Gogol Bordello was too loud but presumably their choice..,

up in third floor no issues...no weed either..everybody having fun but many left before 2

I saw a dude wearing a “Julian’s America” shirt slouched over next to a pile of vommit by a bathroom door...guess he did not make it...

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #1011 on: January 03, 2018, 10:52:45 am »
W,hoa!

lily1

« Reply #1012 on: January 04, 2018, 01:19:41 am »
I’ll be glad to give a more in-depth review tomorrow but I had a totally opposite experience at Thievery Corporation. Horribly executed event. Seth should spend less time stroking his ego by being terrible on drums and more fixing the operational nightmare that is The Anthem. Will not be attending again for quite some time.

what went wrong?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1013 on: January 04, 2018, 09:38:04 am »

what went wrong?

Little warning here...

I welcome and need constructive criticism and comments about the venue so we can figure out how to improve

I actually enjoy that as much as the compliments...anyone who knows me knows that I am never satisfied and even feel suspicious if things are going too well

However...

We are not going to tolerate personal attacks on anyone anymore

No warnings, you'll just get bounced permanently

While I found Julian's insults immensely entertaining, it has come to my attention that other people's feelings have been hurt so we need an overall policy

Yada

« Reply #1014 on: January 04, 2018, 09:58:35 am »

what went wrong?

Little warning here...

I welcome and need constructive criticism and comments about the venue so we can figure out how to improve

I actually enjoy that as much as the compliments...anyone who knows me knows that I am never satisfied and even feel suspicious if things are going too well

However...

We are not going to tolerate personal attacks on anyone anymore

No warnings, you'll just get bounced permanently

While I found Julian's insults immensely entertaining, it has come to my attention that other people's feelings have been hurt so we need an overall policy

Goodbye Jules. You had a good 15 year run.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #1015 on: January 04, 2018, 01:05:27 pm »
I wonder, how Seth feels about me constantly lusting after him like a  sex object? I will stop, if I have to.

Gurl.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:07:15 pm by walkonbyeeeeeeeee »

« Reply #1016 on: January 09, 2018, 12:49:40 pm »
just saw this on the anthem website

COME EARLY, AVOID LINES
HAPPY HOUR PRICES UPSTAIRS BEFORE MUSIC STARTS

What exactly are happy hour prices...so a $9 beer is $8?

Also noticed a big gap in shows 1/13->2/1

This package for the Little big town show is a bit much

$369 (before taxes and fees)
The Happy People Enhanced Experience
•   One (1) General Admission ticket to see Little Big Town
•      Dedicated VIP-only viewing area
•   Meet & Greet / Photo Opportunity with the band
•   Exclusive access to a backstage tour led by one of Little Big Town’s crew members
•   One (1) show specific lithograph, signed by the band
•   Invitation to the '4 Cellars Lounge' including;
-   Q&A with Little Big Town
-   Private cash bar featuring LBT's 4 Cellars Wine and (2) drink tickets*
-   Complimentary light snacks
•   One (1) exclusive Little Big Town merchandise gift
•   Crowd free merchandise shopping
•   Dedicated venue entrance
•   On site experience host

Hutch...are you the experience host :)
Kacey Musgraves is support...does hanging with her come with part of that?
I know smakie and Kosmo would be down with that
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:05:18 pm by LosthismindHatch ♆ ✯ ㋡ 🖖 ⛄ »
slack

Bagley

« Reply #1017 on: January 09, 2018, 01:21:45 pm »
if my addled memory serves me right, it's 25% off anything at the 3rd floor bar during the pre-concert happy hour. Of course, the bartendress  made me a nice stiff Makers and soda ($7 & change).  BTW, that's one area that I cannot fault the 9:30 bar staff-  they've always been quite generous when it comes to a mixed drink pour.

hutch

« Reply #1018 on: January 09, 2018, 01:45:29 pm »
No idea

vansmack

« Reply #1019 on: January 09, 2018, 03:33:20 pm »
This package for the Little big town show is a bit much

Apparently, your Mrs doesn't have a Girl Crush.  If Kacey were there, my wife would undoubtedly pay for that, but she may just do it for LBT. 

We were comped two for a similar Keith Urban experience, and his private show was far superior to his stage performance.  I was hoping the host was going to be Nicole, but it was just a record person.  I still use the Keith Urban kozee I got, but gave the CD and signed lithograph to two younger fans who were fully into him.  Made their day.
27>34