Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258214 times)

Yada

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #1020 on: January 09, 2018, 03:45:31 pm »
I’ll be glad to give a more in-depth review tomorrow but I had a totally opposite experience at Thievery Corporation. Horribly executed event. Seth should spend less time stroking his ego by being terrible on drums and more fixing the operational nightmare that is The Anthem. Will not be attending again for quite some time.

It wasn’t even close to full and it’s still a total shitshow.

still waiting for recap.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1021 on: January 09, 2018, 03:52:17 pm »
I’ll be glad to give a more in-depth review tomorrow but I had a totally opposite experience at Thievery Corporation. Horribly executed event. Seth should spend less time stroking his ego by being terrible on drums and more fixing the operational nightmare that is The Anthem. Will not be attending again for quite some time.

It wasn’t even close to full and it’s still a total shitshow.

still waiting for recap.

You'll be waiting a long time.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1022 on: January 09, 2018, 04:05:03 pm »
He's semi-retired, you know.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1023 on: January 09, 2018, 04:12:08 pm »
I don't feel like going blow by blow but in short the venue seems entirely understaffed. It has major ingress issues as everyone has commented on. Coat check waits (dropping off and picking up) are insane and the phone number system could not possibly take longer. At one point, we were told coat check was full by some rando who insisted on sticking his coats next to our seats in one of the balconies. When my partner complained to staff that there is some guy literally trying to stuff 6 coats between our seats and the railing, he shrugged. Drink wait times are interminable even with going CC only. (2nd floor mens soap dispensers still did not work but I don't really care.) Advertised champagne toast did not materialize.

I understood the wait issues the first week but this concert was maybe 2/3rds full and everything took forever. Everything! Takes! Forever! I have never been to a venue where getting a mixed drink or dropping off a coat takes this long and I've been going to shows for 20 years. And again, this was not a close to sold out concert.

Requisite music review: Thievery was merely so-so. Not one of the better sets I saw by them. They need Sista Pat back and to not play so much off the new record. Gogol Bordello put on one hell of a show despite being a band I never much cared for. Trouble Funk was the urban version of Phish. Everyone of their songs was 10 seconds of interesting noodling strung out and looped for 36 times. It was never going to be my thing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:19:22 pm by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

« Reply #1024 on: January 09, 2018, 04:13:03 pm »
Yeah, I'm phasing myself out of this community. The general tenor around here has been crappy for a while but the last year or so has been particularly annoying.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #1025 on: January 09, 2018, 04:19:50 pm »
Coat check waits (dropping off and picking up) are insane and the phone number system could not possibly take longer.

Don't you mean robe check?
27>34

« Reply #1026 on: January 09, 2018, 04:20:28 pm »
Coat check waits (dropping off and picking up) are insane and the phone number system could not possibly take longer.

Don't you mean robe check?
You don't check a robe like that, son.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1027 on: January 09, 2018, 04:23:30 pm »
Yeah, I'm phasing myself out of this community. The general tenor around here has been crappy for a while but the last year or so has been particularly annoying.

All legends come back... or never go away.

« Reply #1028 on: January 09, 2018, 04:26:17 pm »

All legends come back... or never go away.
I didn't say I planned on deleting my account or never posting. I just find myself spending increasingly less and less time on here and enjoying the time I do less. Couple that with all but 2-3 of the worthwhile members already being in my orbit via social media and other outlets . . .
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1029 on: January 09, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »
There was literally zero wait for drinks on third floor left side...there are seven full bars and 1-2 pop ups plus a coffee bar

Coats definitely take a while...in 25 years of assiduous concert I have never checked a coat so it is not an issue for me personally...my guess is a show with very cold weather outside will result in issues but things will be improved

As far as the community I note in the past year you were the number one poster on this board by far so I would assume you bear some responsibility but given you have been crowing about how great things were now that you had me on ignore I find your comment strange and disingenuous..

vansmack

« Reply #1030 on: January 09, 2018, 05:46:07 pm »

I think my favorite part was when the Mrs saw it, she said "not surprising, Julian wore the robe to the wine hour just like you did."

I said "No, he wore it the New Years Party at the club!"

"Oooooh......"
27>34

« Reply #1031 on: January 09, 2018, 06:35:32 pm »

I think my favorite part was when the Mrs saw it, she said "not surprising, Julian wore the robe to the wine hour just like you did."

I said "No, he wore it the New Years Party at the club!"

"Oooooh......"
I wore it the night before to Armin Van Buuren and the response was so phenomenal I asked housekeeping to bring me another immediately (because the first one was not in a condition to be worn a second day in a row) and then wore robes two nights in a row. My misses was similarly flummoxed.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1032 on: January 10, 2018, 02:22:18 pm »
Is merch cashless too?

hutch

« Reply #1033 on: January 10, 2018, 02:50:36 pm »
Is merch cashless too?

Band merch accepts cash

hutch

« Reply #1034 on: January 11, 2018, 12:51:29 am »
Three robe check stations added tonight on 2nd and 3rd floor