Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258183 times)

sauce07

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #1035 on: February 13, 2018, 03:47:45 pm »
Finally making it out to my first show at The Anthem on Thursday. What's the official opinion on where to park? Is the garage worth it? Can I find street parking close by?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1036 on: February 13, 2018, 04:06:21 pm »

I park near the  metro stop and walk.

Finally making it out to my first show at The Anthem on Thursday. What's the official opinion on where to park? Is the garage worth it? Can I find street parking close by?
(_|_)

« Reply #1037 on: February 13, 2018, 04:37:38 pm »

I park near the  metro stop and walk.

there is a free shuttle at Lenfant. 
Also parking up there has been really easy, free and not too far of a walk

parking in the garage is a pain and $25
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #1038 on: February 14, 2018, 01:28:25 pm »
do what i do.  become a member of Hyatt, and get great deals on the Hyatt house, right there at the waterfront.  such a great hotel, for the deal prices you can get.  and then you walk to the venue.  chill on the boardwalk.  hang out a bar or restaurant before and after.  parking is super easy for the hotel. 

the, end.

blipvurt

« Reply #1039 on: March 27, 2018, 09:33:47 pm »
Is there truly no way to transfer a super-excellent seat? I have one for Alice In Chains but got screwed by being assigned unexpected work travel that week and no I can’t go. Would really rather not “eat” the ticket $.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions for this kind of situation?

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I didn’t find anything about it when searching the forum.

rich_WDC

« Reply #1040 on: May 09, 2018, 11:27:28 am »
For seated shows -- in general how have audience been for sitting vs. standing/dancing?  And specifically, what do you think that ratio will be for DAVID BYRNE?

mekmad

« Reply #1041 on: May 09, 2018, 12:38:45 pm »
Is there truly no way to transfer a super-excellent seat? I have one for Alice In Chains but got screwed by being assigned unexpected work travel that week and no I can’t go. Would really rather not “eat” the ticket $.

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I didn’t find anything about it when searching the forum.

I don't have any tips on that but I have to say the Super Excellent Seats experience is nice.  You can show up whenever, perfect view and the lines for the beer and bathroom are a breeze.  The non-transfer aspect is the one drawback but I get why its the policy.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1042 on: May 09, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »
I believe this will be the 2nd seated show so far (on the floor), the first one being a classical concert.

For seated shows -- in general how have audience been for sitting vs. standing/dancing?  And specifically, what do you think that ratio will be for DAVID BYRNE?
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #1043 on: May 09, 2018, 01:19:46 pm »
I believe this will be the 2nd seated show so far (on the floor), the first one being a classical concert.

The oasis dude where everyone was given free tickets was a "seated" show where everyone on the floor stood up at their seats.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #1044 on: May 09, 2018, 01:30:08 pm »

The oasis dude where everyone was given free tickets was a "seated" show where everyone on the floor stood up at their seats.

Bon Iver was seated. Thank goodness no die-hards felt the urge to stand up for that set. I think many stood for the Courtney Barnett + Kurt Vile show though, which was also seated. I found a GA seat on the 3rd floor and sprawled out. Wish they would throw seats up there more often.

K8teebug

« Reply #1045 on: May 14, 2018, 09:19:46 am »
Thanks so much for a great show on Saturday night. And this time, a much better experience getting into the venue! Everyone was super awesome and thanks for the HH upstairs before the opener :)

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1046 on: May 14, 2018, 01:30:51 pm »
What is offered at the HH upstairs?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1047 on: May 14, 2018, 01:32:18 pm »
What is offered at the HH upstairs?
25% off drinks and $5 Pacificos until the first band.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1048 on: May 14, 2018, 01:33:25 pm »
Not bad.

Yada

« Reply #1049 on: March 04, 2019, 02:06:38 pm »

I don't have any tips on that but I have to say the Super Excellent Seats experience is nice.  You can show up whenever, perfect view and the lines for the beer and bathroom are a breeze.  The non-transfer aspect is the one drawback but I get why its the policy.

Has This been confirmed anywhere if these tickets can be transferred? I see some on StubHub...