Author Topic: Washington City Paper Best of DC  (Read 6834 times)

Yada

Re: Washington City Paper Best of DC
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 05:51:39 pm »
That's interesting. Just the other night I was walking by the Black Cat and noticed this record store. "Has that always been there?" I said to my companion. "I don't know," she replied.

ha ha.. its been there since 2005ish...

Really? That's amazing! How did I never know it was there? I can't get over it.

Can't say I've seen or heard of this place either. They probably just hobo rock shows there.

hutch

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »
oh.................you.

azaghal1981

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 08:33:02 pm »
This.
It's kind of like when the Washington Post's readers named Maggianos the best Italian restaurant in DC.   It was probably the only Italian restaurant (other than Olive Garden) that 2/3rds of those voting knew.  
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 08:35:09 pm »
The readers' poll results are mostly usually garbage.

At least Baked and Wired beat Georgetown Cupcake.

What does this mean? You don't think people vote what they feel or you don't trust the people?

I mean the 930 Club is the best venue...ammirite?

I did say "mostly."
And I don't trust the people. I mean Brexit and Trump did just happen.

you strike me as one of those guys who before the election would have said Hillary and Trump where the same thing...so are you one of "the people"??
I'll wait for you to find me a post where I said this.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 08:48:01 pm »
The readers' poll results are mostly usually garbage.

At least Baked and Wired beat Georgetown Cupcake.

What does this mean? You don't think people vote what they feel or you don't trust the people?

I mean the 930 Club is the best venue...ammirite?

I did say "mostly."
And I don't trust the people. I mean Brexit and Trump did just happen.

you strike me as one of those guys who before the election would have said Hillary and Trump where the same thing...so are you one of "the people"??
I'll wait for you to find me a post where I said this.

I didn't say you'd said it dude but before the election it was a very common idea in the progressive community that only sanders represented change and hillary and trump where the same thing..."oh they both suck.. what's the difference.. why even bother voting?".. we heard this ad nauseum...the "establishment"/"status quo" etc.. now progressives argue they never thought this etc..but i can remember during the democratic primaries the horrible tweets I kept seeing about Hillary from the Bernieites... anyways...