Author Topic: TAN: would you kiss the Pope's ring were you offered the opportunity?  (Read 2422 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Please be clear if you are catholic -- no offense to my papist homies, but it flavors your opinion -- to keep the research pure.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 03:24:11 pm by Julian, Coastal ELITE »
LVMH

hutch

Re: TAN: would you kiss the pope's ring were you offered the opportunity?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:34:25 pm »
I would if it was THIS pope and he wanted me to.. I doubt he'd want me to...but yeah I'd have to.. I mean he is from Argentina and given the inherent limitations about the best you can expect! I could not have kissed Pope Benedict's ring... heck even John Paul II the last two decades...

I'm a lapsed catholic  (atheist) but would rather be Jewish and my mother was born and raised Jewish...but i was raised catholic and my dad hates Jews... I wish very much I had been raised Jewish and circumcised at birth.. I just dont think its one of those things that I can run around saying I'm Jewish or something...

I hope this makes some sense in a parallel universe if not here on planet earth...

Space Freely

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:05:07 am »
My in-laws used to be diehard born again christians, but in the last ten years ago had become catholics. However, the latest is that they are drifting away from catholicism. Likely because for the first time in our lifetime, we have a pope who's a decent human being.

Re: TAN: would you kiss the Pope's ring were you offered the opportunity?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 08:20:52 pm »
born to Jewish and Roman Catholic parents who never had a Bible or spun a dreidel (although we has an xmas tree)
currently an avowed existential agnostic (actually thinking of converting to FSM, but don't know if I can pull off the colander hat...for a while I was a member of Church of the SubGenius, but haven't done acid in decades, so lost interest)

I personally wouldn't kiss his hand, but I might shake it and say...good work

this came up in my feed today for some reason (it's from 3 years ago)
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:34:24 pm by good ole SideHatch .🛠|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|🚀 »
slack

hutch

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 08:30:01 am »
My in-laws used to be diehard born again christians, but in the last ten years ago had become catholics. However, the latest is that they are drifting away from catholicism. Likely because for the first time in our lifetime, we have a pope who's a decent human being.

I really appreciate your posts about your inlaws... they keep me grounded.. and a little more appreciative of my own...

I just cannot see this Pope proffer up his finger....its just not his style...

shemptiness

Re: TAN: would you kiss the Pope's ring were you offered the opportunity?
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 04:38:59 pm »

ggw

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Walkie, whats your thoughts on this?
LVMH

herman otto

no, commaed, comment.  the world can have the concept of a pope . . . fine with me.