Author Topic: the human/computer interface thread (monitors, desktop setup, etc.)  (Read 4302 times)

vansmack

Re: the human/computer interface thread (monitors, desktop setup, etc.)
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 12:48:50 pm »
In the  office, I keep the Surface closed, connected to two 21 inch monitors, both landscape, one of which is a touchscreen to get around the aforementioned mouse issue that presents itself when I use the 42 inch television in my office to stream sports/major news stories.  The TV, across the room, is connected to the same Surface via a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

Monitor 1 is mostly Word Processing/Excel with a taskbar across the bottom because I am not a heathen. Monitor 2 is the touchscreen with no taskbar and is essentially only a web browser (a browser is really the only thing touch optimized in Windows 10).  And the TV is only a web browser for MLB.TV and YouTube TV. I left the taskbar on that screen but it disappears as I watch most TV in full screen anyway.
27>34

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 03:52:45 pm »
the Surface
Thinking this might be my new rig
I think there isn't much of a value of the 5 pro tho
you can get a 4pro 8 gig i5 256 ssd for a good deal now

with a taskbar across the bottom because I am not a heathen.
I would expect no less
slack

Kemosabe

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 04:18:45 pm »
I thought we were in some kind of "golden age" around here.  Other than me returning and the block feature, there is not much happening. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:21:47 pm by Kemosabe »

herman otto

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 06:20:47 pm »
Dude, what are you talking about? This is some middle-aged man prime nerd s***right here.

hutch

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 06:30:23 pm »
I have to be honest.. there aren't that many people that post here and when they start ignoring or blocking the few other people that post.. that ain't going to lead to no golden age.. in fact just the opposite..

but its also true that its the fourth of july week and people are on vacations.....

I also have to say most of the "content" Julian creates is a bore.. his Walrus joke is beyond old

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 01:25:55 pm »
I thought we were in some kind of "golden age" around here.  Other than me returning and the block feature, there is not much happening.
What you call nothing happening, I call "running lean." Its like a mountain of shit is gone.
LVMH

godsshoeshine

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 01:56:18 pm »
two monitors in landscape propped up on a standing desk. these are hooked up to a thin client that tunnels into a virtual desktop. ipad to the side for music and afternoon soccer

o/\o

Kemosabe

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 02:04:03 pm »
What you call nothing happening, I call "running lean." Its like a mountain of shit is gone.
Running lean is good. 

hutch

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 05:25:31 pm »
I liken it to burgers... the lean 90% fat free is a bore...