Author Topic: best, route to the anthem for shows i want to go, to  (Read 2106 times)

herman otto

best, route to the anthem for shows i want to go, to
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:22:29 am »
when I start to go to the anthem to see shows, which I am quite excited about, what is the best route for me getting there and back from / to 66 east / west.  best parking options if I want to park as close as possible to the venue?  easiest driving route, in and out?  I thought of parking in a parking garage in a NW section closer to SW, getting something small and good to eat before taking a cab to the venue.  I wonder if cabs / uber will be there after shows?

thank, you, and sorry if this was covered in depth in another thread.   

Yada

Re: best, route to the anthem for shows i want to go, to
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:29:29 am »
when I start to go to the anthem to see shows, which I am quite excited about, what is the best route for me getting there and back from / to 66 east / west.  best parking options if I want to park as close as possible to the venue?  easiest driving route, in and out?  I thought of parking in a parking garage in a NW section closer to SW, getting something small and good to eat before taking a cab to the venue.  I wonder if cabs / uber will be there after shows?

cabs and uber don't operate in SW.... sorry.

Kemosabe

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 10:30:42 am »
Thankfully you have three months to find out this important information.

Darth Ed

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 10:50:31 am »
I'm planning to take the Green line to the Waterfront Metro station and hoofing it from there, but make sure you're cognizant of the last train times: 10:54 pm on Sundays is probably before the show ends, assuming similar showtimes as the 9:30 Club, but 11:24 pm on Mon-Thu should be ok most of time. Will need to keep an eye on the clock though when the encores come.

https://www.wmata.com/rider-guide/stations/waterfront.cfm

https://www.wharfdc.com/getting-here/
https://www.wharfdc.com/getting-here/public-transportation/

ggw

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 11:46:31 am »
I assume they will have valet parking. Right?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 12:11:47 pm »
I assume they will have valet parking. Right?

Yep.  Just hand your Ferrari keys to the guy loitering in front of the venue!

hutch

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 12:14:08 pm »
It is not a great area to drive to....might make sense to park car at east falls church and metro...

herman otto

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 12:55:04 pm »

cabs and uber don't operate in SW.... sorry.

your responses . . . are what, I live for.  how was your msg experience.  so far, I have only not liked, one night.