Author Topic: $200 Anthem Tix NON-TRANSFERABLE  (Read 12656 times)

Bags

$200 Anthem Tix NON-TRANSFERABLE
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:49:25 pm »
Holy hell, this is absurd.  This is from the Ticketfly page for the Killers show; public sale is this Friday.

"Super Excellent Seats are non-transferable. The ID of the person attending must match the purchaser’s name, which will be printed on the ticket face."

Keep in mind, the balcony seats for this show are $200.  That's more than the Foo show.  Or Lorde (whose prices are the only as high as Foo, thus far).  So you pay MAJOR cash-eesh for tickets five months out, and there is no way to sell them or even let your family/friends use them if you can't attend, for any reason.  That's fucking absurd.  ABSURD.

Now, all the Foo tickets are non-transferable.  I get that, the show sold out in minutes and (whether you like Foo or not), it's a special and unusual event.  They are avoiding the $1000 scalped tickets.

But, even though I get the Foo thing, it's a problem.  The tickets went on sale months before the show.  It's impossible to lock that in absolutely.  When 9:30 or Black Cat has done this in the past, it's been a surprise show and tickets were sold just weeks before the show.  Of course not perfect for some, but a reasonable expectation that folks who buy tickets can go to the show, and to limit it to original purchasers.

hutch

Re: $200 Anthem Tix NON-TRANSFERABLE
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:55:14 pm »
Totally agree with the policy...

Bags

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:57:30 pm »
Oh man, this policy is for those tickets for every show.   When you click on "What are super excellent seats?""

Good question!

When we created The Anthem, we realized that the first few rows of each balcony were so ridiculously great that we decided to give you the opportunity to buy them for each show, even when it's general admission.

So, like first class on airplanes, sporting events, and the usual hedonistic situations, the best of the best costs more.  But, in this case, we are keeping these for the real fans, and making sure these get into your hands and not the hands of scalpers.  So the person that buys them will have to be the one that picks them ujp.  No, you can't scalp them either, sorry.

Get ready for the best seats in the house.  And you can actually buy them.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:59:47 pm »
You couldn't pay me $200 to see the Killers.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 01:02:44 pm »
I don't.  And I spend a lot of money on tickets, don't much care what they cost, and let them go unused more than I should.  But, the "unused" are $20, 30, 40 tickets.

For instance, I very much want to go to QOTSA, but have a major event that might interfere.  In fact, that major event is why I want to get a balcony seat -- may get there late, and I need to do my best to stay rested and in good form for the weekend. 

This poses two concerns.

(1) good chance I may not make the show, so would either sell my super special ticket (I always sell for face, and normally to fellow boardies) or let a friend go in my stead;
(2) I didn't get a super special ticket, so have been watching for one. If one goes on Stubhub, am I about to buy a ticket that I can't actually use (and I can pretty much assure you, with the first dozen shows, purchasers were NOT aware of)?

Bags

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:03:42 pm »
You could pay me, but I wouldn't pay $200.  That said, I have major issues with the policy, because I would easily pay $100-200 for a bunch of shows.

Yada

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 01:06:35 pm »

hutch

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:55 pm »
Do you understand that if it was not for this policy you often would not stand a chance of getting balcony tix as scalpers would lap them up and resell at markup???

Bags

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 01:11:14 pm »
So, like first class on airplanes, sporting events, and the usual hedonistic situations, the best of the best costs more.
One of the benefits/costs of First Class is that the ticket is refundable.

Bags

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 01:12:15 pm »
Do you understand that if it was not for this policy you often would not stand a chance of getting balcony tix as scalpers would lap them up and resell at markup???
I will never get them now, as it is too much of a gamble 4 to 5 months out.  So, there's no difference.

hutch

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 01:18:24 pm »
Sorry but i cannot feel sorry for you..i mean should seats be auctioned off??  You benefit from the policy by getting cheaper tix than having to go to scslpers so even if you cant make it oce in a while it will be a wash...because of this policy i got to see acdc from second row center for 100$....if paperless for premium had not existed that seat would have been three or four times as much

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 01:19:01 pm »
Let me guess the part of this conversation I cannot see: Hutch thinks Seth is the sun and his magnificence shines on us all, and any who critiques anything IMP does ever is an idolater.

Am I close?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 01:23:56 pm »
I am in favor of non transferable tickets for all shows...bye bye scalpers

that has been my position for years..has nothin to do with seth

Bags

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 01:28:02 pm »
I think I.M.P. is the sun.  Doesn't mean I agree with everything.

Hadn't thought about those huge arena shows that do the same thing.  And I hate that policy as well.  Thus far I've never bought tickets with those limitations, but I've been in a group of four purchased by a friend under that policy.

There has to be a better way.  I don't know what it is.  And for now, fine, I have to make my own decisions.  Losing $400 is a lot (as I would never buy jsut one ticket, and you really can't because they go so fast, whoever gets in has to grab 'em).

Bags

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 01:29:26 pm »
I'm glad hutch does not run clubs I go to.