Author Topic: Set Times  (Read 20739 times)

medeski7

Re: Set Times
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 01:17:26 pm »
The set times posted plays a role in whether some people go to the shows at all, believe it or not. 

Not everyone can be at the club by a specific time.  If you can't be there for the opener due to work, conflicts, whatever, then you won't go if that's the band you want to see.  The same is true for the headliner.  The set times being posted is a huge help in deciding if the timing will work for your schedule. 

I really wish that information would return.

hutch

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 01:22:37 pm »
+1

see my essay on the hey seth thread

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 02:22:01 pm »
+1

see my essay on the hey seth thread

link?

koshmar

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 02:49:17 pm »
I agree that this is actually not a small deal.  I mean, it's not a giant deal, but it is non-trivial.  It's really nice to know when the bands will play.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »
If set times weren't a not small deal then why do other venues post them? The people want to know!
‼‼?‼‼

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 06:21:59 pm »
I always want to know, I have a 35 mins to an hour drive depending on what time i head downtown from Rockville. I don't think it would affect my decision whether to purchase tickets, just when I can safely head downtown to avoid traffic.  Also, I don't really drink or eat at 930 shows, so having me at the show earlier is not going to make anyone any money. I do buy a lot of merch though and that is not affected by what time the sets are.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »
hey seth -

man up, and post damn set times.

the end.
<sig>

lily1

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 10:53:04 pm »
Hey Seth, I have a fucked work schedule and sometimes am still at work at 10pm or am actually going into work at 9pm.  So yeah, knowing the set times would be good for UHall, 930 and Anthem shows.

Plus, some of us still actually take the metro and it'd be good to know if I can make the last train back home after a show or should budget for a cab/uber.

And consider this: some of us try to pack in two shows at your venues in the same night. I'll start with UHall and then move to the 930. Would be good to know if I can comfortably make both shows.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:55:41 pm by lily1 »

bearman🐻

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 10:41:57 am »
Hey Seth, I have a fucked work schedule and sometimes am still at work at 10pm or am actually going into work at 9pm.  So yeah, knowing the set times would be good for UHall, 930 and Anthem shows.

Plus, some of us still actually take the metro and it'd be good to know if I can make the last train back home after a show or should budget for a cab/uber.

And consider this: some of us try to pack in two shows at your venues in the same night. I'll start with UHall and then move to the 930. Would be good to know if I can comfortably make both shows.

Agreed on all of these!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 11:04:27 am »
Before they upgraded the website, they used to post set times.

For most shows that have a 7 PM door time and one opener, the set times are:

8:15 opener  (usually a 45 minute set)
9:30 headliner

That's what I go by these days...

I usually like to see the openers so set times are not that important to me, but I know one lazy friend who likes to go in *just* in time for the headliner band...(yep, you heard me,  lazy....not because he has important things to do really or have a long commute. I'm talking about hanging with his pets or girlfriend, blah blah)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:11:40 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 11:23:16 am »
I'm talking about hanging with his pets or girlfriend, blah blah
The audacity of some people to try and have lives and interpersonal relationships while there is live music going on. Truly these are sad times. Is nothing sacred anymore?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 12:19:08 pm »
It's apparent that no one except Seth thinks this is a non-issue.

Bags

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »
The set times posted plays a role in whether some people go to the shows at all, believe it or not. 

Not everyone can be at the club by a specific time.  If you can't be there for the opener due to work, conflicts, whatever, then you won't go if that's the band you want to see.  The same is true for the headliner.  The set times being posted is a huge help in deciding if the timing will work for your schedule. 

I really wish that information would return.
I also find the information extremely important.  Extremely.  And one of the things that set 9:30 apart (and above...).

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 12:57:39 pm »
It's apparent that no one except Seth thinks this is a non-issue.
The idea that they're a non-issue seems like the work of a walrus-brained individual.
LVMH

medeski7

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 06:51:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure the rationale from a business perspective is that by not posting times people will come earlier and spend more.   For working stiffs with a family like me that isn't the case.  I've got too much going on to risk spending money on a show I might miss.