Author Topic: Foo show info -- both Oct 11 and 12  (Read 8399 times)

hemisphire

Re: Foo show info -- both Oct 11 and 12
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:44 pm »
Cell service was also terrible for me with Verizon. Walked out of the venue only to discover several messages from The Director that were too late. :(

I had no service with Sprint on Sunday, not even roaming. But last night I had 3G, start to finish.

Bags

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »
Couldn't connect to the wifi either, probably overloaded.  They ditched the "name must match ticket" policy at some point, probably took too long with the mass of people.  I wonder which side of the venue was quicker to enter.  Facing the front, I was to the right.  I would guess that the other side was probably quicker, I didn't know that was an option.   
The left side was so much quicker that around 7:00 staph started sending folks from the right side line over to the left side.  In future, always go left (in front of the Brixton).

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »
Yeah, I was among the crowd that was pulled from the back of the right line to the front of the left line.  That was an unexpected bonus!

Bags

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:27 pm »
Two fantastic shows.  It was a joy to have been able to be there Wednesday with a smaller crowd.  But what the hell, it's the Foos, so it was also fun being packed in last night and bouncing around.

I love the venue.  Big, but feels like a club, not an arena.

No wifi, no cell except behind the soundboard (I have Verizon).

Bit of a bar fail; took 26 minutes to get beer at the bar on the second level, stage left.  Discussed with friends, would make a HUGE difference if you could just swipe and go.  Which would mean adding tip automatically, which I know would make some people losing their minds.  But, having each patron sign a receipt takes a lot of time and creates some chaos.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 04:32:44 pm »
Bit of a bar fail; took 26 minutes to get beer at the bar on the second level, stage left.  Discussed with friends, would make a HUGE difference if you could just swipe and go.  Which would mean adding tip automatically, which I know would make some people losing their minds.  But, having each patron sign a receipt takes a lot of time and creates some chaos.

hey seth -

perhaps look into those stand-alone card swipers like they have at most grocery* check-outs these days?  add a tip on the pin-pad, sign on the screen using the "electronic pen"... and sell more beer, faster, to happier customers.

* i'm assuming that you actually frequent grocery stores... if not, ask your butler/personal shopper about it.
<sig>

fatskippy

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 01:32:15 pm »
Did they check ID's against the name on the tickets to get in?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 01:42:45 pm »
Yes.  They're not doing that for tonight's LCDSS show, tho.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
(They will check your ID for drinking age, and either issue you a wristband or stamp your hand.)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2017, 02:44:12 pm »
Did they check ID's against the name on the tickets to get in?

They did not check names on tix against IDs at FoosThursday; at least not mine.  Just checked IDs for age.

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2017, 05:13:12 pm »
would have been easy to sell a tix then
but good they made people think they had to be on the tix so the secondary market couldn't kill them
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2017, 10:51:54 pm »
Whoa.