Author Topic: Bands/Artists that are impressive live but kinda blow/are boring on record  (Read 4951 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Bands/Artists that are impressive live but kinda blow/are boring on record
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 11:00:34 am »
I also tend to listen to more live Talking Heads than I do their albums, The Name Of The Band Is Talking Heads is just about all I need.  I don't think either band are boring on studio albums, but I do listen to their live albums more.

Wow, I thought I was the only one...same here. I'd say my favorite Talking Heads LP that I can sit through start to finish is Remain in Light. All the others I find to be decent but "TNOTBITH" is the one that I listen to the most by far.

hutch

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 08:32:28 pm »
Mighty Mighty Bosstones shows in the 1990's were so fun. The records weren't really as impressive.

Judging simply by official releases and bootlegs, 1960's to mid-1970's Who were better live than on any record. Not that they didn't make some damn fine records. But I'll still put on "Live at the Isle of Wight Festival" before any other LP they've ever done.

I dont know...who's next is pretty hard to argue with I think...

bearman🐻

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 11:23:27 am »
Mighty Mighty Bosstones shows in the 1990's were so fun. The records weren't really as impressive.

Judging simply by official releases and bootlegs, 1960's to mid-1970's Who were better live than on any record. Not that they didn't make some damn fine records. But I'll still put on "Live at the Isle of Wight Festival" before any other LP they've ever done.

I dont know...who's next is pretty hard to argue with I think...

That's probably their best recorded studio LP. But I still don't listen to that or Quadrophenia or Tommy as much as I listen to "Live at Leeds" or "Live at the Isle of Wight Festival".