Author Topic: The Groper Thread  (Read 103001 times)

hutch

Re: The Groper Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2017, 10:28:06 pm »
^Exhibit A of the American who cannot draw distinctions

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:49 pm »
No, tell me.  Which should we be ok with?

Do you feel persecuted for doing some of these things without consent?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:43:26 pm by excontradiction »

ggw

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2017, 10:53:23 pm »
I think he's defending the serial gropers.  Apparently groping women is de rigeur in his native Latin America.

"For women it’s particularly important to keep your wits as much as possible. In the huge clubs and notorious pick-up joints of Buenos Aires — some of the Irish bars of the Retiro neighborhood jump to mind — women may receive unwanted random groping from young men who can’t handle their alcohol. "

http://www.humanosphere.org/human-rights/2016/01/women-in-latin-american-cities-face-higher-rates-of-sexual-assault-and-the-number-is-growing/

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:12 pm »
Ive heard the tokyo subway is a creeperfest too. 

ggw

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2017, 10:01:31 am »

hutch

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2017, 10:53:34 am »
No not defending it...sorry you could not grasp the point...again proving my point..

ggw

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 11:00:30 am »
No not defending it...sorry you could not grasp the point...again proving my point..

Your point being that Franken is less bad than Weinstein because groping at least eight women during photo ops is less bad than using your position of power to coerce more than 40 women to have sex with you (and possibly raping a couple who refused the coercion).  Yes, we simple-minded Americans get the distinction.  But that distinction matters little because a sexual predator is still a sexual predator.

Yada

Space Freely

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 11:20:58 am »
Actually, the distinction does matter when we as a society mete out punishment for the guilty parties. Only a simpleton would think Moore should be in a better position at this point than Franken.

Yada

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2017, 12:03:26 pm »
Actually, the distinction does matter when we as a society mete out punishment for the guilty parties. Only a simpleton would think Moore should be in a better position at this point than Franken.

Nothing worse than agreeing with Space, but I do.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 12:13:40 pm »

That's why there are different levels of felonies and misdemeanors.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 12:24:27 pm »

That's why there are different levels of felonies and misdemeanors.

I'm not saying it's not disgusting and not a crime, but when lumping in someone who takes racy photos or grabs an ass/breast vs. pedophile and rape, yeah, it's a pretty big difference.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 12:36:54 pm »
I'm agreeing with you. First degree murder is not the same as involuntary manslaughter. I wish people would distinguish, because Roy Moore is by far a way bigger piece of shit than Al Franken. That being said, both are pieces of shit nonetheless.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 12:56:14 pm »
Ha ha Al Franken is a sexual predator???

When you equate him with Moore or Weinstein you really show you do not know what you are talking about.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 12:56:28 pm »
Neither one should take a leadership role in this country, and neither should be in a position of power.  One of them more neither than the other.