Author Topic: The Groper Thread  (Read 103034 times)

ggw

Re: The Groper Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2017, 10:53:08 am »

ggw

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2017, 10:10:01 pm »
Tavis Smiley

the American dude judge on Great American Baking show.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »
the super size me dude
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2017, 12:11:59 am »
Oh

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2017, 09:40:11 am »
turning out pastry chef dude is a real creep
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2017, 07:01:53 pm »
Those cinnamon rolls, tho.

Space Freely

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2017, 09:56:36 pm »
The owner of the Charlotte Panthers.

lily1

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2017, 08:03:55 am »
The reality is that probably a sizeable* of the world's heterosexual have done something untoward a woman (straight, bi, trans, etc.)

At least 3 times a week, sometimes every workday, I have some asshole(s) beeping at me, hanging out of their vehicle yelling something obscene or flat out driving along the side of me trying to get my attention as I walk the 10 minutes from the metro to the office (I work in the suburbs and commute out from DC.)

The best this year? Some creepy fuck stranger pulled into the parking lot and go out of the car and walked in with me to the building, got on the elevator (open building unfortunately), tried to make small talk regarding Tom Petty's passing, and then decided to attempt to ask me out.  All in the span of about 4 minutes. At 8.24 am on a Tuesday.

Now, my experiences do not compare at all with men or women who were victims of any sort of unwanted/unconsented physical/sexual activity. But it is a good example of every day harassment.  And if these assholes are doing this, who knows what else they are doing.

*edited because the value I provided prior is arbitrary with no data to back it up.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:11:07 am by lily1 »

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2017, 10:18:22 am »
Men are pigs, yes . . . but what I find fascinating, is that, in the gay world, these types of overly sexual advances and acting like aggressive testosterone assholes, are the qualities from men they want.

Space Freely

« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2017, 11:17:55 am »
The reality is that probably at least 3/4 of the world's heterosexual have done something untoward a woman (straight, bi, trans, etc.)

At least 3 times a week, sometimes every workday, I have some asshole(s) beeping at me, hanging out of their vehicle yelling something obscene or flat out driving along the side of me trying to get my attention as I walk the 10 minutes from the metro to the office (I work in the suburbs and commute out from DC.)

The best this year? Some creepy fuck stranger pulled into the parking lot and go out of the car and walked in with me to the building, got on the elevator (open building unfortunately), tried to make small talk regarding Tom Petty's passing, and then decided to attempt to ask me out.  All in the span of about 4 minutes. At 8.24 am on a Tuesday.

Now, my experiences do not compare at all with men or women who were victims of any sort of unwanted/unconsented physical/sexual activity. But it is a good example of every day harassment.  And if these assholes are doing this, who knows what else they are doing.

As someone who is basically quiet and shy, I personally would never have been that bold in my single days, but what exactly is so egregious and "creepy" about the behavior I bolded? It's certainly not sexual harassment. Is it possible the guy worked in the building and just happened to be pulling into his work parking lot and was taking the elevator to his workplace at 8:24am and was making small talk with a pretty woman he saw on the elevator? Are we going to make it a crime to ask someone  you find attractive out?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2017, 11:26:14 am »
The reality is that probably at least 3/4 of the world's heterosexual have done something untoward a woman (straight, bi, trans, etc.)
Depends how you define "untoward" I guess.
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2017, 11:52:37 am »

As someone who is basically quiet and shy, I personally would never have been that bold in my single days, but what exactly is so egregious and "creepy" about the behavior I bolded? It's certainly not sexual harassment. Is it possible the guy worked in the building and just happened to be pulling into his work parking lot and was taking the elevator to his workplace at 8:24am and was making small talk with a pretty woman he saw on the elevator? Are we going to make it a crime to ask someone  you find attractive out?

"Some creepy fuck stranger"
😐 🎶