Author Topic: Kick ass time last nite!  (Read 9666 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Kick ass time last nite!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2003, 07:41:00 am »
Cindy...

enjoy what you enjoy and ignore everybody else

glad the show lived up to your expectations

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2003, 08:04:00 am »
Cindy is, doubtless, a 09:30 employee using an alias?

ratioci nation

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2003, 08:15:00 am »
Cindy, Don't listen to Seth, he is the reason you think there are never any good shows at the 9:30 club.

bungle bud

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2003, 08:35:00 am »
i know somebody here has a nsync doll (lance bass)  :D

poorlulu

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2003, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by bungle bud:
  i know somebody here has a nsync doll (lance bass)   :D  
yeah thanks for buying that bungle...........your sense of irony never fails does it...................

CinSULaxChCk

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2003, 10:08:00 am »
thanks seth!!!  :p  

And...I will check out some other stuff at 930. Butso ya know, ive seen so many other bands in concert before too (some at 930)... its not like I only go to jt concerts, for the record.

Bags

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2003, 10:17:00 am »
Thanks, thatguy (or I should say Josh, I guess).  In some other cities you can't sell tix at all near the venue.

Luckily I always get my tix at the box office, so I never have to deal with that service charge issue!

Originally posted by thatguy:
  selling tickets for face value is fine.  sometimes we'll even be nice and let you recoup your service charges.  anything more than that is a no-no, and we do our best to keep scalpers away.

bungle bud

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2003, 06:50:00 pm »
poorlul, im english, i dont buy things....

bungle bud

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2003, 07:05:00 pm »
opps i forgot the U

Jaguär

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2003, 07:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by bungle bud:
  opps i forgot the U
Poorlul U.

Wow, that must be some kick-ass party school!   :D

BlueStar

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2003, 09:17:00 am »
Originally posted by myuman:
  Cindy, it looks as if you are a pretty big JT (your initials) fan.  That's great, but not really my cup of tea or most of the "older" posters on this board's either.  I'm assuming, and please correct me if I'm "way" wrong here, but you're quite my junior.  Anyhow, I'm seriously recommending you check out some of  the upcoming bands like Interpol, Belle and Seb., Yeah yeah yeahs, or some great bands at other places.  Some of the older posters are... well, yeah, quite "hater like", but many have seen more bands than most "JT" fans would ever fathom.  I've seen some bands on the "other side" like NSync and BSB, even though I confess I never really gave them a chance, but at least I witnessed the scene (for lack of a better word).. And yeah, everyone has an opinion, but my opinions about physics aren't nearly as valid as Einstein's.... so be careful who you shout back at.
This is the problem I have with going to shows such as JT.  (And I was one of the people who waited all day long.)  Why isn't it plausible to some people that I can happily attend the JT show AND happily attend The Mars Volta show?  Yeah, I guess it is valid to say that most JT fans tend to stick within the parameters of pop music.  But, there are plenty of people who are capable of liking JT and being a fan of "cooler" bands.  I've been to approximately 40 concerts so far this year...and only two of them were JT shows.  I'm always left feeling like I need to apologize to the JT fans and then to the fans of the "cooler" bands, because I don't fit into some neat, little, stereotypical box...I can't be pinned down as one type of fan or another.  I like what I like when I like it...I'm not going to rule something out simply because it is overly-popular or has a lot of young fans.

Bags

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2003, 11:11:00 am »
It's not implausible, but you have to admit that the JT fans on the board came on when the tickets went on sale, just to talk about the JT show, and did so in every thread for a few days.  So it's a reasonable assumption to view them as limited to JT or that genre in their concert-going habits.  Hey, I went to see REO Speedwagon and Styx, and no one will think I'm a classic rock head because I'm on the board and obviously talk and ask a lot about other bands.

And actually, I thought it was nice to encourage Cindy to keep attending the 9:30 club.  Turns out she does, which is cool.

I act like a baby when it comes to the Foo Fighters, so I will *not* cast aspersions.  But I hear you, the tone can be a little supercilious.  This comes from frustration, as well, since for a couple days this whole bulletin board was JT all the time.

So what were your favorite three concerts this year?

Originally posted by BlueStar:
 Why isn't it plausible to some people that I can happily attend the JT show AND happily attend The Mars Volta show?  Yeah, I guess it is valid to say that most JT fans tend to stick within the parameters of pop music.  But, there are plenty of people who are capable of liking JT and being a fan of "cooler" bands.  I've been to approximately 40 concerts so far this year...and only two of them were JT shows. [/QB]