Author Topic: Locking cell phones at concerts  (Read 1467 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: Locking cell phones at concerts
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2018, 08:59:51 pm »
I go to most shows by myself, don't own a phone, and rarely purchase alcohol at a show. Somehow, I survive.

At one time we all did that. I like being able to get work done between sets.  Or read.

Space Freely

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 10:26:51 pm »
I go to most shows by myself, don't own a phone, and rarely purchase alcohol at a show. Somehow, I survive.

At one time we all did that. I like being able to get work done between sets.  Or read.

Wait until you're 50. Like me, you won't be able to see the screen. Especially in the dark.

Spoons of Victory ☣ ☢ ☠

• Lorem Ipsum
    • insta photo
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2018, 03:09:54 pm »
LAMF

Spoons of Victory ☣ ☢ ☠

• Lorem Ipsum
    • insta photo
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 01:52:39 pm »
Space,  get yourself a damn phone.
I actually do have a $50 pay as you go phone from Verizon. I use it for emergencies and when I *really* need to call someone. Most of the minimum funds I put on it every three months go to waste. A few times people have texted me and I figured out how to reply, but I'm not sure I could initiate a text message. If the phone has other features, I am ignorant to them.

My wife and daughter are big social media/phone people. I'm happy being a simpleton, the way I was before technology took over our lives.

well space is not alone...but it's a small group
https://www.fastcompany.com/40522828/this-is-what-its-like-to-not-own-a-smartphone-in-2018

While I remain in an ever-shrinking minority, there are are a few people (besides Warren Buffett) who are also committing to dumb phones. The Light Phone, which came out last year, is marketed as an “anti-smartphone.” It only sends and receives calls, can store just 10 phone numbers, and is designed to be used “as little as possible.” It’s so popular that there’s currently a waiting list to buy one.
LAMF