Author Topic: Locking cell phones at concerts  (Read 11346 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: Locking cell phones at concerts
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2018, 08:59:51 pm »
I go to most shows by myself, don't own a phone, and rarely purchase alcohol at a show. Somehow, I survive.

At one time we all did that. I like being able to get work done between sets.  Or read.

Space Freely

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 10:26:51 pm »
I go to most shows by myself, don't own a phone, and rarely purchase alcohol at a show. Somehow, I survive.

At one time we all did that. I like being able to get work done between sets.  Or read.

Wait until you're 50. Like me, you won't be able to see the screen. Especially in the dark.

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 01:52:39 pm »
Space,  get yourself a damn phone.
I actually do have a $50 pay as you go phone from Verizon. I use it for emergencies and when I *really* need to call someone. Most of the minimum funds I put on it every three months go to waste. A few times people have texted me and I figured out how to reply, but I'm not sure I could initiate a text message. If the phone has other features, I am ignorant to them.

My wife and daughter are big social media/phone people. I'm happy being a simpleton, the way I was before technology took over our lives.

well space is not alone...but it's a small group
https://www.fastcompany.com/40522828/this-is-what-its-like-to-not-own-a-smartphone-in-2018

While I remain in an ever-shrinking minority, there are are a few people (besides Warren Buffett) who are also committing to dumb phones. The Light Phone, which came out last year, is marketed as an “anti-smartphone.” It only sends and receives calls, can store just 10 phone numbers, and is designed to be used “as little as possible.” It’s so popular that there’s currently a waiting list to buy one.
slack