Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 79049 times)

Relaxer

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 12:11:25 pm »
I feel like the Burning Man event long ago lost any philosophical ethos it may have had in the 90s, but I say that not really knowing anything about it apart from the people that are SOOOO INTO IT BRO.

And hell yeah, we did Burning Man the prior weekend was Renwick. We'd just finished lunch and were wondering what to do next. I checked my Instagram and a friend had posted about the BM exhibit and 20 minutes later, we were floating around the Renwick and really enjoying it. I think it closes very soon so go check it out ASAP.
oword

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 12:33:45 pm »
while I've never done a burn and yes it's not the same as the 90s
it's amazing that a city of 60K people can just appear in the desert and be gone a few weeks later
no government involvment
and other than your entrance fee...supposed to be a no cash zone...bartertown (just like road warrior...with out all the violence)

I regret not doing it once when I lived on the west coast
yes burners are a little over the top about it...but there really is no comparison to anything else

look at the photo in this article where you can drag the before and after
https://www.businessinsider.com/burning-man-leave-no-trace-photo-2017-8
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:35:19 pm by Saboteur-hatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 01:01:28 pm »
And hell yeah, we did Burning Man the prior weekend was Renwick. We'd just finished lunch and were wondering what to do next. I checked my Instagram and a friend had posted about the BM exhibit and 20 minutes later, we were floating around the Renwick and really enjoying it. I think it closes very soon so go check it out ASAP.
Went to that on Labor Day. Show closes in two stages, if the first isn't already done, it will be imminently. Great exhibit. The vehicles were amazing.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 01:20:35 pm »
yes burners are a little over the top about it...but there really is no comparison to anything else

The only thing worse than Burning Man is the incessant post Burning Man discussion about how impactful it was on the participants...
27>34

Relaxer

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 01:58:37 pm »
I pretty much put Burning Man into the same category as Crossfit. Positive and cool in theory, but it all goes away in a shitstorm when you have to be around the people who do it.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 02:01:26 pm »
I pretty much put Burning Man into the same category as Crossfit. Positive and cool in theory, but it all goes away in a shitstorm when you have to be around the people who do it.
I agree with this. The enthusiasts of both seem like just awful people.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:04:24 pm by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 02:09:54 pm »

oword

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 02:13:46 pm »
And then there were these boxes that you peer inside of using a little eyehole

oword

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 02:59:12 pm »
I agree with this. The enthusiasts of both seem like just awful people.
I almost brought up crossfit...but the venn diagram doesn't exist of these two groups of people intersecting

IMO crossfiters are waaay more annoying
slack

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 03:00:03 pm »
And then there were these boxes that you peer inside of using a little eyehole

Looks like a glory hole to me....sure you were in the right place?
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 03:08:29 pm »
Look, like anybody would, I did put my dong through the hole but it turns out that spider isn't fed very often and unpleasantness followed.
oword

hutch

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 09:05:29 am »
I wish I enjoyed weed more....I would be at shows eating marijuana chocolate bonbons

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »
I almost brought up crossfit...but the venn diagram doesn't exist of these two groups of people intersecting

IMO crossfiters are waaay more annoying

Wrong on both accounts.

When you go out to the desert and wear next to nothing, you want to look good.

And because you don't live near burning man, you don't have the same exposure.  They're both awful, if not the same people...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 02:24:38 pm »
pot news goes here.

I am enjoying this whole . . . weed was evil, weed is the devil, you can't smoke or even have that in here our establishment, and did we mention it's evil and satan and horrible and you better starting paying $11 for a beer, to make up for how horrible it is.

until now . . . when you can make a buck off it.

fuck off, America.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/coca-cola-is-eyeing-the-cannabis-market/ar-BBNrPnz?ocid=spartandhp

i've been meaning to ask you this, walkies: why are you so angry?  anything we can do to help?

seems like the majority of your posts are "this thing sucks, everything sucks, there's not point to anything, look how absurd we are".  it does give you a brand, i suppose.
<sig>