Author Topic: can everyone, who reads this site . . . post more?  (Read 7577 times)

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

can everyone, who reads this site . . . post more?
« on: July 25, 2018, 09:36:19 pm »
jesus Christ . . . sorry jesus, for invoking your name, but sometimes you gotta throw down the jesus card.  is this place, on?  have we forgotten?  you are reading this site on the regular, correct; but not posting?  please, stop that.  please start making threads and posts.  those unseen eyes out there.  start talking to me, in here.  start, talking to us.  start talking, to yourself.

dumb threads.  filled with dumb shit.  because, dumb shit is fun shit.  we need it here.  the same old threads, with the same old people are really getting old.  even, mine. 

i will keep posting in this thread until new people post shit.  we will judge you, julian more than others, but we love you too, julian less than others.

the, end. 

vansmack

Re: can everyone, who reads this site . . . post more?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 12:49:40 pm »
Every late July early August this place slows to a crawl.  Won't pick back up until September.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 12:52:57 pm »
Just isn’t as good a vibe...I blame Julian. He is the Donald Trump of the board...if he can’t fight or argue or insult people he flounders...he has a constant need to create drama

I have been told this by other boardies who no longer post as much and I share the sentiment

Space Freely

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 01:34:26 pm »
Just isn’t as good a vibe...I blame Julian. He is the Donald Trump of the board...if he can’t fight or argue or insult people he flounders...he has a constant need to create drama

I have been told this by other boardies who no longer post as much and I share the sentiment

I always thought if I troll-posted less the board would flourish more, but it doesn't really seem to be the case.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 01:35:19 pm »
Well, Walkie, unfortunately we used to have more boardies. Remeber Stevewizzle? Remember killsaly? They didn't reduce their posting; they stopped altogether. I can't remember exactly who the paid shill boardie was who harassed and, in killsaly's case, doxxed them until they publicly stated they were leaving because of that paid shill's boardie's actions, but they're gone. Hence, there are less posts.

But don't worry, even in lean times, someone will always be here, logging in to report a dry recitation of what 1970s tropicalia record they're listening to, which is what's really important.

Also, wait until summer vacations are over like Smackie said.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:37:23 pm by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 01:39:20 pm »
I always thought if I troll-posted less the board would flourish more, but it doesn't really seem to be the case.
Deep down, in places we don't talk about at parties, we want you on that wall. We need you on that wall.
LVMH

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 01:58:03 pm »
we will judge you, julian more than others, but we love you too, julian less than others.
If our signatures could be more than 5 characters long, I would make mine this quote.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 02:05:06 pm »
No offense to current boardies, but I think board veterans would agree that the heyday of the board was 15 years ago with Markie, Mankie, Poorlulu, Jadetree, Thirsty, NKOTB, Vansmack, Dupek, Jaguar, and yes, I said it, GGW. Such a collection of nutters. And others. It's weird that my wife is now Facebook friends with some of those people, this much later.

Well at least Vansmack and I would probably agree.

I do miss the days of Atomic. He was fun.

hutch

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 02:06:29 pm »
I miss such great Julian content like the integers thread...amazing stuff

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 02:12:42 pm »
No offense to current boardies, but I think board veterans would agree that the heyday of the board was 15 years ago with Markie, Mankie, Poorlulu, Jadetree, Thirsty, NKOTB, Vansmack, Dupek, Jaguar, and yes, I said it, GGW.
Agreed, this is a reasoned and thoughtful position.

I do miss the days of Atomic. He was fun.
DIE IN A FIRE.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 02:13:34 pm »
I am shocked Julian- number one poster on the board for past few years (ever since he returned as he admitted proudly over ThatGuy’s body) is not reeling in more action from potential new boardies and veterans....I mean it is top shelf stuff...

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 06:41:58 pm »
I think board veterans would agree that the heyday of the board was 15 years ago

I think most boardies, and boards, would agree.

Unsanity

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 04:04:58 am »
I been too busy to post about anything. I will try and be more proactive!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 12:40:19 pm »
I’ll poke my head into say go see “Sorry To Bother You” while it’s bit slow in the middle it’s still an amazing first time effort for a film.  And I need to do some serious catching up on The Coup as the soundtrack is also really fun.
T.Rex

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 12:49:32 pm »
I’ll poke my head into say go see “Sorry To Bother You” while it’s bit slow in the middle it’s still an amazing first time effort for a film.  And I need to do some serious catching up on The Coup as the soundtrack is also really fun.

Sorry To Bother You is fantastic. Caught Mission: Impossible last night. Had a hell of a time.