Author Topic: iTunes Question  (Read 2065 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
iTunes Question
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:23:00 pm »
Okay.  This seriously pissed me off a while ago, and then I forgot about it.  But I find myself wanting to listen to some T.Rex today, and encountering the same problem...

I have one album that I keep attempting to add to my iTunes library, and iTunes SAYS it's processing the songs, but then they don't show up in my library.  They won't open in iTunes.  I don't know what the hell is the deal.  They are all legit mp3s, they all work - they will even play in Windows Media, but for some reason they aren't opening in iTunes.  I can't think of what to do next.  Please help me.  I'm dying.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: iTunes Question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:25:00 pm »
Actually, scratch that.  I downloaded some sort of converter which is working.  But seriously, I've had this problem before, and if anyone does actually know what to do that's slightly less sketchy in this situation, please...

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 02:18:00 pm »
With that limited information, I am only able to guess, but if you are sure that the files are MP3's and not WMA files, it sounds like a Sample rate problem.  

Some audio players can't play songs encoded at some sample rates or an odd combination of bit rate and sample rate.  The other likely scenario is that perhaps the player is expecting a different sample rate from the one the file has (likely do to some later conversion from the original file).  I've had this problem with a downloaded album before, and like you said, a simple conversion will fix this problem.

Without more technical info, your converter solution is likely the easiest.
27>34

serickson98

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  They are all legit mp3s, they all work - they will even play in Windows Media,
If they are all legit, why not just rip your T.Rex cd again using iTunes?  It takes about 2 minutes for christsakes.  Running a conversion on an already converted music file is probably killing the sound quality.  Marc would be very unhappy that you are listening to subpar T. Rex mp3s.   ;)

Chip Chanko

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »
I had this problem when I'd rip some new albums into my library (using CDEx, not iTunes). When I'd "add folder to library" adding my music folder, not everything would show up. about 100-200 artists wouldn't show up and I couldn't figure out a pattern. HOWEVER, what DOES work is dragging the folder you want to add (no matter how many sub folders/artists, etc are in it) to the library icon in itunes. This works perfectly and is how I update now.