Author Topic: thank you bruce!  (Read 2234 times)

walkonby

thank you bruce!
« on: April 09, 2005, 12:40:00 pm »
i know, and i know that this topic has been drilled into the ground deeper than george bush in a wildlife preserve, but i must gouge at it just a little more.  

thank you bruce springsteen for doing the ticket thing in a fashion i wish most bands would.  all floor seats will be picked up at will call only!  no scalpers, no yo yo yo thugs outside of shows, who can't even name one song of the band whom they're ripping off; go back and suck on jay-z's dick!  and most important, if you go on ebay, no asshole ticket brokers selling tickets for four digit prices.  one guy is attempting to sell two, third row seats for two thousand, to have the winner meet him at will call . . . after paying on paypal first, of cource.  yeah right, i'm just so sure everyone will jump on that chance to get screwed.

ratioci nation

Re: thank you bruce!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
Somebody at work was telling me that a bunch of people were pissed off about the Springsteen ticket sale.  Not sure why exactly, but since I helped my boss buy tickets, I know it sold out almost immediately.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  no yo yo yo thugs outside of shows, who can't even name one song of the band whom they're ripping off; go back and suck on jay-z's dick!
racist much?  these guys are just trying to make a living, and they're there because people buy the damn tickets.
(o|o)

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 03:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

no yo yo yo thugs outside of shows, who can't even name one song of the band whom they're ripping off; go back and suck on jay-z's dick!
racist much?  these guys are just trying to make a living, and they're there because people buy the damn tickets. [/b]
no, not so . . . but when the majority of scalpers at shows are big black guys with attitude, and tell me that they're tired of looking at all these white people at concerts, last night at the duran show, then yes, they can go suck on jay-z's dick.  and that is the scalpers to who i refer to, and not all black people, so kindly keep your pre-assumed constipations to yourself.

and people wouldn't have to buy tickets from scalpers, if every other show wasn't sold out because half of the tickets are in the scalper's hands.  up with hope, and slicing the scalper's throat.

oh yeah, and drug dealers who will kill anyone for whatever reason, if it has to be done, are just trying to make a living, too.  so are serial killers who have to work away just to pay for the tools of the play.  right on, right?

SalParadise

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
    no yo yo yo thugs outside of shows, who can't even name one song of the band whom they're ripping off; go back and suck on jay-z's dick!...  

...so kindly keep your pre-assumed constipations to yourself.

you first.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 07:33:00 pm »

oh yeah, and drug dealers who will kill anyone for whatever reason, if it has to be done, are just trying to make a living, too.  so are serial killers who have to work away just to pay for the tools of the play.  right on, right?
you watch too much TNT.....

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 09:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by SalParadise:

no yo yo yo thugs outside of shows, who can't even name one song of the band whom they're ripping off; go back and suck on jay-z's dick!...  

you first. [/b]
you're correct.  i didn't see it from that avenue at first.  tanks for insight.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 09:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Whats up with All of the long names:

you watch too much TNT..... [/b]
tnt? tnt?  who watches that channel?  i'd wather watch the oxygen channel.  what, do i want to see yet another rerun of will smith in "wild wild west"?  or a month long marathon of "the west wing?  tbs is a much better channel, so thate that tnt.  yeah!  oh, and by the way, what does watching tnt have to do with serial killers and drug dealer making a living?

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 10:43:00 am »
Originally posted by pollardteam2:
  Somebody at work was telling me that a bunch of people were pissed off about the Springsteen ticket sale.  Not sure why exactly, but since I helped my boss buy tickets, I know it sold out almost immediately.
I was pissed off because ticketmaster didn't announce the on sale date in advance at all. On thursday night I logged on and didn't see it anywhere. Then on friday night I logged on and it was sold out. That is bullshit, my friends. Luckily, I noticed on his site he doesn't have any shows the day before so he might add another date.

KiB

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
yea, i think it's a decent attempt to curb the scalping. most shows are Will Call for the premium floor seats. a few shows (Boston, PHilly, LA) are WILL CALL ONLY for the whole event.
 2-ticket limits.

and yes, they waited and waited to announce tour dates, finally did so tuesday, with most shows going on sale friday and saturday.

i got lucky and got 14th row tix for the Patriot Center show, but i know lots of fans who were still shut out because such high demand and so few tix. and of course brokers still got some tix, and the ebayers have some tix. not perfect, but nice attempt for sure.

tenfifteen

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 10:06:00 am »
Scalpers->Drug Dealers->Serial Killers

Come on man, you left out Hitler!

Seriously man, the Hyperbole Police came 'round, and they're lookin' for you. Duck out to Florida.

SalParadise

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 11:10:00 am »

Originally posted by SalParadise:

you first. [/b]
you're correct.  i didn't see it from that avenue at first.  tanks for insight. [/b]
and that's one to grow on.

*cue NBC rainbow and chimes*