Author Topic: Dinosaur Jr.  (Read 3807 times)

bearman🐻

Dinosaur Jr.
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »
Just saw them this weekend in Chicago at the Abbey Pub. Not only is there an incredibly cool and tiny venue in my old neighborhood, but good gawd, J Mascis and co. put on one of the best shows of the year. GREAT comibination of new and old, including stuff from "Where You Been" and "Without a Sound". Here's a setlist:

Almost Ready
 Little Fury Things
 Crumble
 Pick Me Up
 Feel the Pain (SMOKIN')
 This is All I Came To Do
 Out There
 Been There All The Time
 Back To Your Heart (absolutely sublime)
 Freak Scene
 Kracked
 Sludgefeast
 ---------------
 Just Like Heaven
 Mountain Man

Boy would I love to see them again on this tour. Their playing was absolutely flawless, and not only that, it was about a thousand times better than when they first came back and played the Club a couple of years ago. Seth, any chance for a show in DC? I thought that they also played "In a Jar" as well...fantastic show. I am just bummed I wasn't able to go back for all 3 nights.

walkonby

Re: Dinosaur Jr.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:07:00 am »
if they play dc, they only play bulbs of passion, forget the swan, just like heaven, and the leper.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:57:00 am »
they played out there and feel the pain?  

niiiiice!!!

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:03:00 am »
I'd like to see them again. That first reunion show was great, but as much as I love Bug and Living All Over Me, I've probably listened to (and appreciated) Where You Been more, so I missed those songs.

Fave DJr. song is Get Me, and I'd want to see that one. I was always quite pleased when he'd play that during this solo/Fog shows.
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:40:00 am »
My left ear was slightly ringing, even WITH ear plugs in. Then again, I was standing right in front of J, and whenever he would hit one of his pedals it was like being knocked by a 50mph gust of wind. It was so much fun. At those moments, it's so clearly about being physically at a concert in order to appreciate the whole experience. "Feel the Pain" was probably my favorite song of the night, even though there were songs that I like better that they played. It was the one song where you could really appreciate the changing styles and tempos of J's playing...it was like being on a rollercoaster.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »
the best ever live is alone.  they tour europe most of the summer, so maybe they'll hit the area in the fall.

black cat or the club?  no offence seth, but i love to see shows now and again there.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>