Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1359221 times)

hutch

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #4320 on: July 11, 2016, 06:22:44 pm »
I know what this is really about....

vs.

There's something missing in the second photo.

nonsense..... this is not about sour grapes...  Argentina with ups and downs does fine..doesn't win tournaments but I like the way they play.. they represent a style I identify with.. we're just not the best team in the world..... I've mellowed out and I don't obsess about losses....  but I can't deny that a lot of these games on the national level blow.. and are just painful to watch...

hutch

« Reply #4321 on: July 11, 2016, 06:51:13 pm »
This is Argentine soccer....I can live with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COe5Y29-BZY

vansmack

« Reply #4322 on: July 20, 2016, 05:15:18 pm »
Transfers: Man Utd Agree World-Record ?120M Fee to Sign Juventus Midfielder Paul Pogba, According to L'Equipe

It only cost United ?120M (a bargain at the current Sterling rate) to make up for their mistake, but at least they're big enough to admit they were wrong.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4323 on: July 20, 2016, 05:17:17 pm »
Transfers: Man Utd Agree World-Record ?120M Fee to Sign Juventus Midfielder Paul Pogba, According to L'Equipe

It only cost United ?120M (a bargain at the current Sterling rate) to make up for their mistake, but at least they're big enough to admit they were wrong.

What was their mistake?

vansmack

« Reply #4324 on: July 20, 2016, 05:34:57 pm »
What was their mistake?

He was once in the United system, and they let him leave on a free transfer.  Probably Fergie's biggest mistake, and he says that it was because he and Pogba's agent never got a long, though Pogba said Fergie never liked him either.  Interestingly, Pogba's agent also represents  Mkhitaryan and Zlatan.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/paul-pogba-fergies-biggest-mistake-26-years
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4325 on: July 20, 2016, 05:39:43 pm »
What was their mistake?

He was once in the United system, and they let him leave on a free transfer.  Probably Fergie's biggest mistake, and he says that it was because he and Pogba's agent never got a long, though Pogba said Fergie never liked him either.  Interestingly, Pogba's agent also represents  Mkhitaryan and Zlatan.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/paul-pogba-fergies-biggest-mistake-26-years

oh ok...got it...

Pogba is definitely really skilled...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4326 on: July 30, 2016, 03:49:30 pm »
I'm so hard up for college football I'm watching a soccer match taking place at Michigan Stadium. I usually trash this sport that no one scores but forty minutes in a team with a girls name is losing to a team whose captain has hilariously large hair 3-0.

This has been Julian reviewing soccer.
LVMH

« Reply #4327 on: August 12, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »
Well, I gues the US Women's soccer team REALLY IS just as good as the men's team!
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4328 on: September 15, 2016, 05:13:24 pm »
nonsense..... this is not about sour grapes...  Argentina with ups and downs does fine..doesn't win tournaments but I like the way they play.. they represent a style I identify with.. we're just not the best team in the world.....

you were saying?
<sig>

« Reply #4329 on: September 15, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »
I'm so hard up for college football I'm watching a soccer match taking place at Michigan Stadium. I usually trash this sport that no one scores but forty minutes in a team with a girls name is losing to a team whose captain has hilariously large hair 3-0.

This has been Julian reviewing soccer.
This is priceless. I'm a treasure. I love when I come across old posts I've forgotten writing and get to read my own wit "fresh." I'm possibly my favorite writer.

This has been Julian reviewing Julian reviewing soccer.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4330 on: September 15, 2016, 09:50:03 pm »
nonsense..... this is not about sour grapes...  Argentina with ups and downs does fine..doesn't win tournaments but I like the way they play.. they represent a style I identify with.. we're just not the best team in the world.....

you were saying?

as a maniacal Argentina national soccer team supporter it pains me to say this but those rankings mean nothing... all that matters is who wins the World Cup..... Argentina has been number one many years but no hardware to show... I'm reminded of a stinging quote by the head of the German Soccer Federation before the 2014 World Cup Final "We don't mind Argentina winning the friendlies against us. We win the games that matter."

But like I said.. I like the way we play and our players... I just wish so very very much we could put it together at the WC....

We've had three coaches the last three years... there is something missing with this team.... I can't quite figure it out....we continue to have the same problem...

brennser

« Reply #4331 on: September 27, 2016, 02:57:35 pm »
Allardyce out after ONE game as England manager  :o :o :o

vansmack

« Reply #4332 on: September 27, 2016, 03:29:37 pm »
Allardyce out after ONE game as England manager  :o :o :o

Such an idiot to fall for such an easy rouse.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #4333 on: September 28, 2016, 06:27:05 am »
who in their right minds thought fat sam managing england was a good idea in the first place
o/\o

« Reply #4334 on: September 28, 2016, 09:17:45 am »
who in their right minds thought fat sam managing england was a good idea in the first place
Oh, wait, the dude is fat? I'm intrigued to hear of his downfall now. What's the story, morning glory?
LVMH