Author Topic: BAN THE 9:30 CLUB  (Read 18950 times)

BAN THE 9:30 CLUB!

BAN THE 9:30 CLUB
« on: November 25, 2002, 06:31:00 pm »
well, just saw 2 nights af galacitc and they sounded great. however, the employees and the security staff SUCK! never have i seen such disrespect and poor treatment to a venues customers then what i saw BOTH nights of the show. <P>Case in point:<BR>saw a guy get thrown out after a security guy accused a fan of smoking dope, although no dope was found on the guy or near him. <P>2. security guy complaining to fans that the door needs to remain closed from the glass entrance doors.5 minutes  later the same security guy comes kicking through the door, from the concert hall <BR>end, and knocked several people getting ready to open the door to enter the concert hall on their butt's. <P>i could tell a few more stories but i hope you get the point.<BR>i realize they have strict rules and need them abided by. But come on, that dosent mean treat the paying customers like crap. <P>i have contacted the band and other sites about all this. hopefully the word will get out and people and the bands will stop attending and performing at this venue.

Re: BAN THE 9:30 CLUB
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 06:34:00 pm »
Don't like it? Don't go.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAN THE 9:30 CLUB!:<BR><B>well, just saw 2 nights af galacitc and they sounded great. however, the employees and the security staff SUCK! never have i seen such disrespect and poor treatment to a venues customers then what i saw BOTH nights of the show. <P>Case in point:<BR>saw a guy get thrown out after a security guy accused a fan of smoking dope, although no dope was found on the guy or near him. <P>2. security guy complaining to fans that the door needs to remain closed from the glass entrance doors.5 minutes  later the same security guy comes kicking through the door, from the concert hall <BR>end, and knocked several people getting ready to open the door to enter the concert hall on their butt's. <P>i could tell a few more stories but i hope you get the point.<BR>i realize they have strict rules and need them abided by. But come on, that dosent mean treat the paying customers like crap. <P>i have contacted the band and other sites about all this. hopefully the word will get out and people and the bands will stop attending and performing at this venue. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

jadetree

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 06:34:00 pm »
why don't you just not go anymore, I think we will all be happier that way... edit: this was not to Rhett but the first guy<p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 11-25-2002).]

markie

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 06:36:00 pm »
funny cos I love the club and it keeps winning pollstars club of the year award.<P>Perhaps youre just an overly sensitive EMO kid. If so I hope your scarf keeps you warm at home whilst I am sharing bodily warmth with all the nice people at the 930 club.

Fico

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2002, 06:41:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>funny cos I love the club and it keeps winning pollstars club of the year award.<P>Perhaps youre just an overly sensitive EMO kid. If so I hope your scarf keeps you warm at home whilst I am sharing bodily warmth with all the nice people at the 930 club.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I believe this BAN 9:30 Club character is a stupid girl who posted before bitching about getting kicked out for UNDERAGE drinking..HAR FOOKIN HAR .... get over it dahling, you broke the law and you payed the price...yer trying to get people to hope on yer whiny bandwagon and it ain't happening... stay at home warm with yer emo scarf as Markie so eloquently said... once you get a proper Burberry Scarf and some Brit-pop records we will welcome you back... in the meantime chew on yer fake id and fook off! <P>

Jaguär

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2002, 06:47:00 pm »
Yep Fico, I think that you are right. The wording and writing style is the very same.

markie

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2002, 06:47:00 pm »
yep fico, I thought it was a strange coincidence also.<P>Perhaps whoever played this weekend have an audience of  sad pathetic losers?<P>Who was it again who played?

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 06:49:00 pm »
Galactic, one of them there jam bands.<P>MosDef said he was going to the show, so you know people with character like to see this band.

Fico

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 06:50:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>yep fico, I thought it was a strange coincidence also.<P>Perhaps whoever played this weekend have an audience of  sad pathetic losers?<P>Who was it again who played?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Rhett Miller?? oh no sorry...that was 2 weeks ago... Soft Cell?...no, no, that was on a weekday... it seems to be a band called Galactic...  <P>

markie

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2002, 06:51:00 pm »
so its a group that attracts criminals and whiners. SHEEEIT. I bet they are popular in the UK.<P>Funny that no one has complained about the club in ages, then a jam band plays.......

Jaguär

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2002, 06:53:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>so its a group that attracts criminals and whiners. SHEEEIT. I bet they are popular in the UK.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>...and dope smokers and underage drinkers...<P>

Fico

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2002, 06:55:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B><BR>Funny that no one has complained about the club in ages, then a jam band plays.......</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ohmygod Markie that's cos Jam Bands are LiKe Soooo Real.... and the singers are Like soooo cute and you feel they are singing to you..and like... oh Whatever...<P>

thirsty moore

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002, 06:55:00 pm »
This is only going to get worse...