Author Topic: Best Jukebox  (Read 1836 times)

redsock

Best Jukebox
« on: January 20, 2004, 11:24:00 am »
I saw somewhere Pollard was complaining about the jukebox...I thought we should find out where the best one in the city is...my vote totally goes to Bedrock billiards in Adams Morgan. Everything from Fugazi to Joe Jackson to The Sex Pistols...plus mixes from the staff and some regular customers.

ratioci nation

Re: Best Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 11:27:00 am »
Bedrock is pretty good, I also really like Fox and Hounds' jukebox and the Pharmacy Bar has a good one as well.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 11:28:00 am »
The one in the Black Cat is really good.  The Big Hunt used to have 2 really good ones, but I haven't been there in a while.

poorlulu

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 11:32:00 am »
the pharmacy bar in adams morgan had a pretty good juke box selection..............

although the music was supplied by dccd.........bet it wont be so good in 6 months time...........waaaaaaaaaaa

Bags

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
My favorite jukebox in town was in the side room of the Big Hunt.  They replace the box in the main room a while back with an internet jukebox (which has access to lots of music, but not full albums, so you're stuck playing singles, and I rarely do that...).  But, the 'classic' box was holding in the side room.  The BOOM, I just noticed a couple weeks ago that there is now an internet box in the small room too.  I'm heartbroken.  I'd get into that room when the doors first opened up and load it up with $10 for 40 songs or so......     :(  

I always assume the Red Room box is way filled up and I'll never hear my songs.

I've never been to Bedrock; guess I should check it out.

Fox and Hounds is a good one as well.  Get in there on a snowy afternoon and go crazy.  What a great day....

Originally posted by Skeeter:
  The one in the Black Cat is really good.  The Big Hunt used to have 2 really good ones, but I haven't been there in a while.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 12:16:00 pm »
Polly's used to have a good jukebox, although you could never hear it.

twangirl

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 06:15:00 pm »
Ben's Chili Bowl has a bunch of great old soul and early R&B on their jukebox.

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 12:14:00 am »
The Townhouse Tavern has a pretty good box

grotty

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 01:42:00 pm »
Gooski's on Polish Hill.

Almost worth the drive to Pittsburgh   :D