Author Topic: New Paul Westerberg was (MP3 Download Bargins)  (Read 1512 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
New Paul Westerberg was (MP3 Download Bargins)
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »
New Paul Westerberg album 49:00 for 49 cents at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/49-00/dp/B001CZCBEA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1216680723&sr=1-6
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: New Paul Westerberg was (MP3 Download Bargins)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:45:00 pm »
re: Paul's new record

By using the Internet as the only vehicle for 49:00, Westerberg was able to present the music to the public without the hassle of a label. In fact, he apparently finished the tracks just last week. "He finished it on Monday, sent it to me on Tuesday and it was out this weekend," Westerberg's manager Darren Hill told Billboard. "It's just wonderful that you can actually do this. The freedom an artist can enjoy these days is fantastic. Can you imagine me pitching this idea to a label?"

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/07/paul-westerberg-releases-4900-mp3-for-49-cents.html

FYI: Amazon is the only place you get this albums as it's only being sold for 49 cents
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: New Paul Westerberg was (MP3 Download Bargins)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »
Guess I Should have given this one a better title... At first I thought this was some promotional stunt by Amazon, turns out Paul was wanting to charge a penny a minute for the release, it's actually slightly more since the track clocks in shorter.  

It's one long track which has the feel of someone listening to the radio and tuning to different stations.  It's also like a podcast of bits and pieces of what Paul is working on at the moment.  It's way cool and currently the top download of the at Amazon.  Maybe other artists can release like minded glimpses into their works in progress for a low ball price.

You can even get a CD booklet for the thing at his website...
T.Rex