Author Topic: Billy Corgan  (Read 9348 times)

palahniukkubrick

Billy Corgan
« on: January 27, 2004, 10:43:00 pm »
Billy Corgan, who previously fronted Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan, has begun work on his first solo album.

"I am excited to work on this music, because for the first time in my life it will be my tunes with no compromises to anyone or anything," Corgan wrote in a posting on his official website. "It's gonna be loud and beautiful and poetic and dumb. Just the way I like it."

And he's evidently starting from scratch: "The good news in this mild confusion is I am starting over from such a fresh perspective that there is nothing to rely on but my good name. I am being honest when I say I am ready for that and love the challenge and relish the mustard. So I come in with no songs but maybe one or two, no lyrics, no band (but a few Santa's helpers lined up), and no dairy ... food is the theme always."

read the second paragraph....I thought that in both Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan he had total control anyway. I guess I'm mistaken.  :)

Re: Billy Corgan
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 11:10:00 pm »
I'd like to see Jack White kick Billy Coregons ass.

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 11:47:00 pm »
Weren't most of the bands he worked with pretty much solo material anyways?

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 01:40:00 pm »
Nah, brah.  In the Pumpkins, he only played drums, bass, guitars and sang in the STUDIO, and hired the rest of the band because they looked like a band he wanted to be in.  Get wit it, Thirst.

Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Weren't most of the bands he worked with pretty much solo material anyways?

hutch

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:59:07 am »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 11:13:16 am »
I think he left a long time ago.
https://youtu.be/t_Qh1Tliu-c

hutch

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 11:19:45 am »
 ;D

good lord.. Roger Waters + Billy Corgan

turn up the pretension to 11!!!!!!!

(that's actually surprisingly good..)

killsaly

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 04:23:53 pm »
William Corgan

walk,on,by

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 09:55:54 am »
Billy, looking like a homeless person, on Alex Jones.  Ugh.

killsaly

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 07:54:33 pm »
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/717771-smashing-pumpkins-frontman-billy-corgan-purchases-minority-ownership-of-tna-wrestling
Smashing Pumpkins frontman and long-time professional wrestling fan and creative mind Billy Corgan has purchased a minority share of TNA Wrestling, according to a new report from PWInsider.com. Corgan, 49, has been with the company for a little over a year already, working backstage in Creative and Talent Development.

This deal will obviously see Corgan?s decision-making powers within TNA increase dramatically, while Carter retains majority owner.
Other than just being involved with creative, he also made their theme song and I am pretty sure he is the reason one faction of wrestlers come out to a Marilyn Manson song, and the women faction, the Dollhouse, comes out to the ring to Hole's "Doll Parts" (oh yea, Rockstar Spud comes out to a Smashing Pumpkins song...).  Billy, I mean William, has been pretty entertaining when featured as a personality on the show (though thankfully he has been used sparingly...).

(Billy with my favorite Scottish wrestler, Grado)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:56:53 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 02:59:39 pm »
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/billy-corgan-tna-president-dixie-carter-chairman/#.V64biK2AZZR

Sweet, Billy is now the president of TNA Wrestling and will be running their day to day operations.  Hopefully this does not interfere with a Classic Pumpkins tour!!!!

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyy

walk,on,by

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 03:06:55 pm »
Hey, you got to be into something.

killsaly

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 03:11:28 pm »
I love the fact that since he arrived in TNA, some wrestlers use tunes by Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, and Marilyn Manson for their ring entrances.

bearman🐻

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 04:39:58 pm »
Sounding like the big tour next year will be a reformed Smashing Pumpkins with James, Darcy and Jimmy. Apparently it's a poorly-kept secret in Chicago.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 04:52:16 pm »
Sounding like the big tour next year will be a reformed Smashing Pumpkins with James, Darcy and Jimmy. Apparently it's a poorly-kept secret in Chicago.
Its been pretty much all but confirmed by several major media outlets.
LVMH